Reasons for taking advanced units (1 Viewer)

imyh

HSC
Why do people take advanced units? Aren't they hard to score?

uniform

!!!
HSC
Well, top students may find that they aren't being challenged in a regular/normal unit, and take advanced units to suit their level of ability. Advanced units have the added benefit of a greater diversity of topics covered that are often more interesting, and in some cases provide alternative means of assessment - i.e. independent research on a topic of your own choice, instead of a generic topic the whole class does. In some streamed degrees like advanced science and nutrition, you are required to take a certain number of advanced units, and plus I reckon advanced units would look pretty good on your academic transcript.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Yea they do lol I've learnt they scale like shit though (the hard way).

If you want to go really really good, only pick advanced if you're in the top 5 of the cohort. Otherwise, stick with the normal units and rape it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
markzada said:
Yea they do lol I've learnt they scale like shit though (the hard way).

If you want to go really really good, only pick advanced if you're in the top 5 of the cohort. Otherwise, stick with the normal units and rape it.
I couldn't agree more.... I had the choice of choosing advanced microbial genetics or the normal one and I picked the normal one and ended up coming 2nd out of 80 students in the normal class....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)