Really confused about projectile motion. (1 Viewer)

Jane Mao

HSC
Okay so ik I’m embarrassingly late in doing content but Im so lost on mechanics rn cause our teacher left and now we have this old lady who can’t teach for her life.

So…how exactly do you lay out projectile motion question. I have 3 options right now.
1. What we learnt in extension 1, which was to always start integrating from acceleration. I find this really time consuming and takes up a lot of space.346797A5-3400-4490-A6EF-1F50C4EF6B69.jpeg

2. My brother said just straight out use physics formulas but he sat the old syllabus so I’m not sure if this is allowed.
3. The textbook my old teacher told use to use did it like this but I’m not sure if this is considered full working out. AF08E475-4BE9-49E9-B979-BF0419A3F031.jpeg

carrotsss

HSC
Your brother is just wrong, I don’t even think that was allowed in the old syllabus (except for multiple choice where u can do whatever u want)

Your teacher should be fine but I’d recommend just doing it the first way. It takes a while but eventually you do it so many times that it becomes second nature and it’s much more versatile for questions with other factors + mechanics questions usually have pretty sizeable mark allocation so it’s not like you’re going way overboard with time

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Okay so ik I’m embarrassingly late in doing content but Im so lost on mechanics rn cause our teacher left and now we have this old lady who can’t teach for her life.

2. My brother said just straight out use physics formulas but he sat the old syllabus so I’m not sure if this is allowed.
yes, you should use physics formulas. Its guaranteed full marks. (I'm def not trying to sabotage you)

Jane Mao

HSC
Okay so long and repetitive way it is I guess 😂

Good to know my brother was wrong about something for once

Your brother is just wrong, I don’t even think that was allowed in the old syllabus (except for multiple choice where u can do whatever u want)

Your teacher should be fine but I’d recommend just doing it the first way. It takes a while but eventually you do it so many times that it becomes second nature and it’s much more versatile for questions with other factors + mechanics questions usually have pretty sizeable mark allocation so it’s not like you’re going way overboard with time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)