Reactions to UAIs! (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
neh ... i think pure talent can give you 98 ... but talent alone is not enough to get you to 99+ ... those with 99+, however do not need too much talent, because work ethic can make up for it ...

AstralGal

I got a uai of 75.2
I'm happy, my parents are happy and i'm pretty sure my teachers will be happy too. This mark would be a good mark for my school. I was a top scoring student all year in the majority of my subjects (except society and culture, i only got a trial mark of 28/70 for that, however i got an examination mark of 81/100 in the actual hsc, shows that i guess the teacher didnt like me much). I was in the top 5 students for every other subject in my school. I worked really hard and for that, my parents were really proud of me. This is probably one of the lowest marks all of you people have seen, but it beat most of my friends, or is close to their marks. So yeah, i'm happy with my mark. I know where i stuffed, and i learnt from those mistakes and theres nothing i can do. But it's all good cos it's over, and i'm happy!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by AstralGal
I got a uai of 75.2
I'm happy, my parents are happy and i'm pretty sure my teachers will be happy too. This mark would be a good mark for my school. I was a top scoring student all year in the majority of my subjects (except society and culture, i only got a trial mark of 28/70 for that, however i got an examination mark of 81/100 in the actual hsc, shows that i guess the teacher didnt like me much). I was in the top 5 students for every other subject in my school. I worked really hard and for that, my parents were really proud of me. This is probably one of the lowest marks all of you people have seen, but it beat most of my friends, or is close to their marks. So yeah, i'm happy with my mark. I know where i stuffed, and i learnt from those mistakes and theres nothing i can do. But it's all good cos it's over, and i'm happy!
Congratulations AstralGal, as long as you are happy with your UAI and you can get into the course that you want to do, that is all that matters. :D

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Thank you =)
You're from coffs harbour?
i was just up there for schoolies...
Actually, I am originally from sydney so I am in exile at the moment at Coffs Harbour (lived here for 5 years now).

hmm, didn't know coffs had schoolies, news to me hehe.

AstralGal

Haha yeah there wasnt much happening in coffs harbour. We hardly ever went out, went shopping most mornings then pissed it up all afternoon at the resort. We didnt even get to the beach! Was all good htough. Nice and relaxing and stuff. And most of us (including me) were under 18 so there wasnt many places we could go anyway. And by the time we'd decide on somewhere to go we'd all had too much to drink to drive anywhere! We were 5 mins north of coffs. Was good to get away from home though.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Haha yeah there wasnt much happening in coffs harbour. We hardly ever went out, went shopping most mornings then pissed it up all afternoon at the resort. We didnt even get to the beach! Was all good htough. Nice and relaxing and stuff. And most of us (including me) were under 18 so there wasnt many places we could go anyway. And by the time we'd decide on somewhere to go we'd all had too much to drink to drive anywhere! We were 5 mins north of coffs. Was good to get away from home though.
lol yeah, I live kind of close to the beach so I've been down there quite a bit. Coffs Harbour is a good place to visit and have fun, but when u live here it's a different story, boredom sinks in. 5 mins north of Coffs, you must have been at moonee beach then, they have a camping/cararvan park there?
I like moonee beach, I go there for fishing and a surf (even though I'm crap at it :)

AstralGal

Hmm i dunno what beach we were near. WE were at paradise palms resort, opposite the novotel on the highway. Apparently it was a 10 minute walk to the beach, nearly half hour later and we found this little crappy beach which was too rough to swim in anyway! We went go cart racing down south somewhere in the bush, that was pretty fun! Big banana is still as ordinary as always. We spent most our time at the sohpping centre when we wernt at the resort. WE didnt go fishing or surfing...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Hmm i dunno what beach we were near. WE were at paradise palms resort, opposite the novotel on the highway. Apparently it was a 10 minute walk to the beach, nearly half hour later and we found this little crappy beach which was too rough to swim in anyway! We went go cart racing down south somewhere in the bush, that was pretty fun! Big banana is still as ordinary as always. We spent most our time at the sohpping centre when we wernt at the resort. WE didnt go fishing or surfing...
Yeah I know which resort you mean. Don't know about the beach though, most of the Coffs' beaches are pretty good. You must have gone to the raleigh raceway, I go there all the time, great fun.

The only thing I like about the Big Banana are the toboggan rides, but now they are too expensive. I reckon it's lost its shine now. I would say you prob went to park beach plaza, quite a big complex (although no where near as big as westfield in syd).

AstralGal

Yeh that was it, releigh! Apparently there was 4 wheel driving and horse riding you could do there too, but we didnt see any of that. The toboggan ride at the nana looked ok, but yeah, expensive. One of my friends went sky diving somwhere up there. And yeah, park beach plaza was where we went, and small compared to what i'm used to down here. Had good shops though. We also went to the carols by candlelight up there. And i coloured my hair pink!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeh that was it, releigh! Apparently there was 4 wheel driving and horse riding you could do there too, but we didnt see any of that. The toboggan ride at the nana looked ok, but yeah, expensive. One of my friends went sky diving somwhere up there. And yeah, park beach plaza was where we went, and small compared to what i'm used to down here. Had good shops though. We also went to the carols by candlelight up there. And i coloured my hair pink!
Yeah that's it, I went horse riding at raleigh, scary at first, but I loved the carts there, I love driving :) . Didn't know that u could go sky-diving at Coffs.......interesting. U must have had a few curious onlookers with your hair died pink hehe :D

AstralGal

We didnt get to go horse riding =( Would of been fun though. I'd go go cart riding again though! I dont think i had too many curious onlookers, only a couple of comments of how it looked good from people. I liked it =)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
We also went to the carols by candlelight up there. And i coloured my hair pink!
carols by candlelight was on? thats news to me.

ultimate: what beach do you live near?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika

carols by candlelight was on? thats news to me.

ultimate: what beach do you live near?
I live near sawtell beach (boambee to be precise) about a 7 minute drive from there. I go there quite often when I'm bored which has been the case for 6 weeks now :)

AstralGal

Yeah carols were on at the showground. Wasnt too exciting but thats carols for you. But there was a special appearance by prime possum!

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sillyrat
I got 99.1
My parents are getting really annoyed with me since they are expecting a much better mark (even though they have always known that i hardly did any work throughout the year...):mad1:
jeez I wish I was as smart as you if you got 99.1 with hardly anywork, id have to study 24/7 to get a mark like thaat.

Are u a ruse student?

sillyrat

Are u a ruse student?
nop...i used to go to a private school....even though made into selective school b4, but no...selective is just not of my type....:D

HSC
My reaction to my UAI can be describe in one word: Shit.

All year I was expecting 90+, and I was pretty confident I'd get, after all about 50% of our school gets it, and I was going pretty well the whole year... and I had pretty good rankings (that suggested I was definitely in the top 50%) and I studied reasonably hard, but not to my full potential...

Anyways, I get my results and I was in shock, I was yelling FUCK the whole morning...

I got 88.70... and I was really disappointed, mostly cos I was off by 1-2 marks for most of my desired courses and also cause I was pretty optimistic and it completely shattered my confidence...

So anyways, I've sorta gotten over it... but in the next few days I really worry that I won't get into my desired course...:(

HSC
reaction to hsc marks............screamed.......cried.........threw computer out window........ran down th street and punched a stranger........came home and hid under the bed

reation to uai........was content and pleased........warm fuzzies inside.........

:D

i thought i was gonna get under 85........i got 95 so i was happy.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)