Re: Writing report on Da Vinci Code... (1 Viewer)

Blue View

HSC
Today I was given an assessment task which reads, "Write a report outlining the marketing strategies used to promote the Movie "The Da Vinci Code". Ensure that you discuss relevant details such as marketing mix, stituational anaylsis, strategies and likely outcomes."

The structuring and presenting of the report I have no troubles with, but the content that I am required to include has me puzzled. Is there anyone that could please assist me by making suggestions or leading me towards a reliable and useful resource??

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Bue View

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Place - Wheres it being shown, wheres it being advertised = some places wont show it, its got ads on bboardds, in cinema lobbies, tv etc...
Product - Movie, Big Stars! (people more likely to pay to see it if they know the stars), the trip the to cinema...
Price - Hmmm...set by cinema so....
Promotion - Ads etc. Also publicity because of Dan Brown's book + his court case, interviews on tv by shows like Sunrise (interviewing tom hanks...)

To do good, the main thing to remember is pack it full of theory (regurgitate the text book lol) then pad it with the information relavant to the question :)

Good Luck

MC

Always

HSC
Follow the syllabus dot points under 'marketing strategies' and just regurgitate the content under appropriate headings which match the syllabus. You have to link it back to the question/stimulus, of course.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Always said:
Follow the syllabus dot points under 'marketing strategies' and just regurgitate the content under appropriate headings which match the syllabus. You have to link it back to the question/stimulus, of course.
Good Point - also give a textbook like explanation of each part before you talk about how DVC does it, easy marx

biggie walls

HSC
Last Weekend's edition of the Sydney Morning Herald... in the 'Spectrum' liftout there was a really big/good article on how the da vinci code is being marketed...

If your parents or someone you know still has that paper lying around you should try get your hands on it and read the article

Blue View

HSC
Thanks for the suggestions guys!! I've used your suggestions and pretty much re-wrote the textbook so I should be right!

Anyway, I appreciate all your help so thank you sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)