Re: what maths textbooks to get? (1 Viewer)

neverstudy

What mathsbooks should i get if I am currently doing mathematics extension 1 prelim?

I find that there are "better" books than others. i.e some have faster methods to graph equations etc.....

Thanks in advance.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hi well in my opinion, there ISNT one good book... what i did, i just my hands on enough books... and get the hsc past papers, those r the best books... your actaully doing what you need to know...

but coroneus and cambrigde are good... coroneus is challenging - most of the stuff in it you dont need tho.

neverstudy

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
hi well in my opinion, there ISNT one good book... what i did, i just my hands on enough books... and get the hsc past papers, those r the best books... your actaully doing what you need to know...

but coroneus and cambrigde are good... coroneus is challenging - most of the stuff in it you dont need tho.
hmm i already have those two books. I dont find them to be great :(..

any other suggestions?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
use jones and couchman book1
its orangey
like the color of orange juice kekek

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
fitzpatrick? i used it for school

coroneus i called that toliet paper textbook hehe is an oaky book teh examples are cRAPpy but the questions are gOOD

maths in focus i like it and the book with the stripes across the front i dunno whats that called

or you can buy sum hsc questions books .. like 100 mini hscs there relali good but mostly hsc typed questions

Rahul

Dead Member
fitzpatrick for explanations
cambridge for questions
also excel for extra work if u wanna go weally weally well

Rahul

Dead Member
the point of a text book is so that u actually work,.....if ur not gunna do dat then ur wasting ur $$$ buying the book.

the worked solutions are helpful if u cant do a certain type of question.....the process is more important than the answer, dont 4get that

bobo123

HSC
if you can do the extension questions in cambridge 3unit then you're set :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)