• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

RE: Twilight (1 Viewer)

Mantello

Banned
HSC
settle*precious said:
Well then, as established before: *JEALOUS*

not just about twilight but the whole getting to see films before everyone thing.
You are welcome to come though lol :)

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Whats the deal with this twilight shizzle i have heard so much about it. its it any gud

HSC
newmz89 said:
Whats the deal with this twilight shizzle i have heard so much about it. its it any gud
In my opinion, its not fantastically written but the characterization is what draws you in... You know the characters so well that you want to know what happens to them.

Yes, it is good. Give it a shot, at least. :)

newmz89

Beer
HSC
settle*precious said:
In my opinion, its not fantastically written but the characterization is what draws you in... You know the characters so well that you want to know what happens to them.

Yes, it is good. Give it a shot, at least. :)
There is one problem for me though and that is im so lazy I can't be bothered reading books. I'll check out the movie thats coming out

HSC
newmz89 said:
There is one problem for me though and that is im so lazy I can't be bothered reading books. I'll check out the movie thats coming out
Dude, I havent read a book in so long (cept for hsc) and I seriously couldn't put this down...
The film leaves so much out.

READ IT.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
settle*precious said:
Dude, I havent read a book in so long (cept for hsc) and I seriously couldn't put this down...
The film leaves so much out.

READ IT.
Reading is such an effort. Maybe after my last exam monday. Ill get the book....maybe

newmz89

Beer
HSC
settle*precious said:
I read the first two in two days...

I'm getting the fourth tomorrow :shy:

so excited.
a snappy reader wow. It takes me ages to read.. the last book I read was back in year 12 English. :D I am in 2nd year Uni now.

HSC
I hadn't read much in like year 10/11 then being forced to read so much for year 11/12 (extension 1 and 2 english) I appreciated books again lol. Its good to be able to read something I actually want to.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
settle*precious said:
I hadn't read much in like year 10/11 then being forced to read so much for year 11/12 (extension 1 and 2 english) I appreciated books again lol. Its good to be able to read something I actually want to.
I suppose it would be I've really only read books that I have been forced to at school. the only books I have read out of choice where the first two harry potter ones. Also I don't understand the education system in NSW? so what is extension? I did the TCE in tas lol.

HSC
Oh frig, lol I've read all of those books way too many times.. I'm so happy I have something new.

Um, well there is normal compulsory English and the student can choose either

- standard or advanced...

then students can elect to take extension in year 11 (you can drop it in year 12) which is a more in depth learning of English, critical analysis and literary theory. Its marked by university markers, I believe? Its just a more advanced option of English...

then theres ext 2 which is all independent work and you can choose to write a story, radio show, critical essay, play, poetry etc. All about 8000 words theres a few assessments e.g. viva voce + research report. You have to do A LOT of research though.. its really fun.. but theres no exam and your mark is drawn from your major work and your assessments.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
wow so you get choice, here its like you can do english lit or english communication, the later is more like ext 2 by the looks of it. However a bit less work then that haha. Also here in tas Year 11/12 are the same marks from each year go towards your tce score and you need a min of 5 to matriculate and only two can be counted from year 11, subjects that is, so as to stop people doing all their pre tertiary subjects in year 11 then not having to do uni. Pre tertiary subjects are the ones that count towards matriculating and getting into uni.

same person

HSC
settle*precious said:
I read the first two in two days...

I'm getting the fourth tomorrow :shy:

so excited.

not to burst your bubble, but the fourth is, to put it frankly, not at all like the others...disappointing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)