Re-enrolling in the TSP (1 Viewer)

A

adamsaclown

If I was enrolled in it last year, and got invited for this year, do I still have to call up the Dean's office to tell them that I'm still interested and so that "a mentor may be assigned to [me]", even though I already have a mentor??

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
adamsaclown said:
If I was enrolled in it last year, and got invited for this year, do I still have to call up the Dean's office to tell them that I'm still interested and so that "a mentor may be assigned to [me]", even though I already have a mentor??
hmmm i think if u are re-invited, u'd be invited to a luncheon... before anything begins...

A

adamsaclown

yeah that was in the same letter... just don't know if by then (its on at the start of Semester 1), it'd be too late to organise something.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
doubt it... at the time all academics will be there for u to mingle with... very fun... unfortuantely last yr was my toughest yr yet... so i didn't do anything... =(

A

adamsaclown

nah, doesnt seem like it is, a few of my friends did some of the theme (last year it was 'fire') projects last yr, hardly seemed like any work, they just had to do some presentation to an very small crowd at the end.

SeDaTeD

HSC
"Hardly seemed like any work" o_O
Not just a presentation, we had to do a fair bit of research and experimenting during the semester, and also write up a report. Depends how much your group wants to do. We wanted ours to be pretty good, and we stayed back once a week doing stuff, which then became staying back everyday the week the report was due, trying to get it done. It's a good experience though, but quite relieving when you're done.

A

adamsaclown

haha okay, sorry, didn't know that, that was just the impression I got from my friends.

SeDaTeD

HSC
No worries. But yeah, I think the main thing with TSP with opportunity. It's there if you want to do something, or you can do absolutely nothing for TSP but still have it written on your degree. Nothing in TSP is compulsary.

A

adamsaclown

so Sedated, do you reckon we have to call up the Dean's office to tell them we want to stay in the TSP for this year?

SeDaTeD

HSC
I'm not sure, the letter said to do so, so I guess we would have to call them to accept.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
On a separate note, SeDaTeD, are you going to take up the offer of maths ssp this year?

It seems like an easy 3cp for very little work and time, plus Peano axioms isn't too bad, and I've been waiting to do some more topology. But something tells me that I don't want to do it.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I'll be most likely taking it up. I'm not sure if we will do the same topics as last year though. One thing I want to know is when the class will be, don't wanna be stuck at uni waiting for one class.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Yeah same. If that hour is in a favourable time I shall consider it. I'll check with Daners this week.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
OMFG they got chem ssp in 2nd yr as well?!

i feel sucked in... our yr's the guinea pigs for the new teaching system, then no even 2nd yr chem ssp...

edit: plus, not to mention the uai cut off in general reached a pt where dy/dx = 0, d2y/dx2 = -ve

nit

HSC
firstly, shouldnt the cut-off sky-rocket off to infinite instead of simply reaching a maximum, and also, chem ssp in 2nd year is simply a set of lectures on quantum and other topics of interest - eg multi-phase equilibria and nanochem etc apart from the 2401 lectures and 2911 labs...it seems the course has changed quite a bit from last year when we started off with les field's carbonyl chem lecture set.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
oh actually i jsut raelised taht there is 2nd y r chem ssp :$

there's a similar 2nd yr maths ssp as well... but all the insane pplz went (ie julian, tom etc) and cuz of a clash i didn't end up going...
too hectic for me... i jsut want to live a normal life=p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)