raw school assessment marks - 2 questions (1 Viewer)

tessery

HSC
hey just had a few questions about school assessment marks that your school submits to board of studies:

1. say you had a mark of like 79.6, would that round up to 80 or stay how it is? like how to teachers round up those marks
2. for an extension course, like history ext or english ext 1, would they submit a mark out of 50 or 100?

thanks in advance:)

Scorch

HSC
1) I'd say they'd round it out, if you're talking about the school, since they have to submit integers, not decimals, to the board of studies.

2) Extension courses are submitted out of 50.

mzduxx2006

HSC
tessery said:
hey just had a few questions about school assessment marks that your school submits to board of studies:

1. say you had a mark of like 79.6, would that round up to 80 or stay how it is? like how to teachers round up those marks
2. for an extension course, like history ext or english ext 1, would they submit a mark out of 50 or 100?

thanks in advance:)
Your question is a common one and for an extension subject your teacher will submit the mark out of 50.

Furthermore say if you end of year raw mark is 79.6 yes your teacher would round it up to an 80 simply because the board does not accept decimal marks. In my case with biology my end of year raw mark was 95.7 and my teacher said she would round it up to a 96.

Hope this helps.

<<accepting your thanks in advanced>> :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)