raw marks (1 Viewer)

HSC
What is the minimum raw mark needed to get an aligned mark in band 6, band 5 and band 4?

KGZ9

HSC
i think this years test was harder so band 6 would be ~80

HSC
yes, yes the cut-off for band 6 is 80+ I get that but what about the cut-offs for band 5 and band 4-just out of curiosity?

milomarc93

HSC
Dont think it was harder. for the 5 marker in HR (jeez the marking allocations are wacky for an outline) u reckon its alright if i talked about like the decriminalization of same sex relationships & recognition under de facto. I do family so i had 2 cases & lots of statutes (it was fine in the trial though it was slightly differently worded)
Err no, wasn't the question asking how human rights were recognized over time? Like the abolishment of slavery, suffrage, education etc..?

crazybea

HSC
N/A
Dont think so all it asked was how has a HR been legally recognised. Those ^ would be fine too id think. Ill check with my teacher though she said it was fine to answer a question like that before the exam
My Statutes
Defacto Relations Act 1984
Property Relations Act 1999
Same Sex (Equal Treatment) Act 2008
Adoption Act 2010
Cases
Hope & Brown V NIB
Toonen V Aus

My right was legal recognition of gay relationships / decriminalization of it
your right should have been "equality"

mine was "right to freedom" - Slavery etc

HSC
i did the decriminalisation of same sex realtionships too but said it was the right to freedom of sexual expression

andrew2527

HSC
I sorta talked about the right to asylum -- and how the Migration Act 1958 guarantees it, in a way... as a principle in it is taken from the Refugee Convention i.e. the principle of non refoulement.
Then went on to talk about the Malaysia Solution, and how the government wishes to amend the Migration Act in order to make the Malaysia Solution legal.

Not sure if what I did was right -- basically I said how a right can be legally protected but also how the law can be amended to not protect a law.

acemusic415

HSC
This paper was definitely harder than the specimen paper and all the other trial papers made thus far. It would be foolish to say otherwise. My teachers are one of the supervisors at the marking centre said it was trickier than expected - it made people think. So I'm assuming that the cutoff MAY be lower or a bit generous during the marking process. The multiple choice was indeed confusing than expected.

Generally speaking, a Band 6 for legal is around 82-83/100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)