Raw marks required for Bands (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering, what are the likely raw marks required for bands?

My internal mark is probably going to be around 60-70% (I know, pathetic) but I am hoping for 70% in HSC, what bands am I likely to get?

dawooddaman

HSC
~72% = 90
Sorry this is hard to believe aye, I only started studying for chem 4 weeks before trials, just finshed 11/10/09 my average was 86%

Wouldn't that mean 80% of chemistry students will get band 6?

SunnyScience

HSC
I find it very hard to believe too, but it's true, luckily. Refer to the Ultimate Raw Marks database found here on BOS.
54 = 80, 72 = 90, 82 = 94

dawooddaman

HSC
I find it very hard to believe too, but it's true, luckily. Refer to the Ultimate Raw Marks database found here on BOS.
54 = 80, 72 = 90, 82 = 94
That amazing shit right there, but now you reduced my stress level and I'm Cbbs to do more PP =(

Why the fuck doesn’t everyone do chem?

nucgaek

HSC
That amazing shit right there, but now you reduced my stress level and I'm Cbbs to do more PP =(

Why the fuck doesn’t everyone do chem?
Just wondering, who did you get to mark your papers for the 86% average?

Because with lenient markers a band 6 paper should hit quite high, so lessen the pressure but don't slack off altogether

dawooddaman

HSC
Just wondering, who did you get to mark your papers for the 86% average?

Because with lenient markers a band 6 paper should hit quite high, so lessen the pressure but don't slack off altogether
Me compared to SA, but true I'm doing PP as we speak

Hate options for chem =(

d0nkeyk0ng

Banned
HSC
LOL why is you Ext1/2 so high and your chem and physics burning?

less then 41
First I thought if I am good at maths, physics shouldn't be a problem. People kept telling me that back in Yr11. Also, first I thought chem is about remembering what I learn. Back in Yr11, my chem tutor kept telling me to do well in chem, I don't need to be intelligent.
I could have changed subjects back in early Yr11 but I wasn't aware the HSC Sciences are so wordy[e.g. "validity", "assess", "impacts on society",... all that crap]
Because I am extremely disadvantaged in English [for a lot of reasons] this affects my Chem and Physics results.
I am very happy that maths is still maths [unlike physics which use to be lots of calculations but now is so wordy] that's why my MX1 and MX2 marks are so high.
Thanks for answering my question btw.

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
What raw mark would suffice to achieve an hsc mark of 95?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)