Raw Marks Question for Top Band HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
Hey ppl.. I'm aiming to get a UAI of 99.95 or 100 as to get the full scholarship at Sydney Uni...

I do these subjects, and these are my current marks etc

Eng Adv - ranked around 1st - 3rd ish, close to full marks in most assessments say 95%
Eng Ext 1 - ranked 1st. 95% + ish
Eng Ext 2 - ranked 1st. 100% assessment mark
Ancient History - ranked around 2nd, 95% marks
History Extension - ranked around 3rd .. 90% marks
Maths - ranked about 8th - marks around 90-95%
Software Design (did this last year, got 95)

So the SAM and Juai predictors tell me that I need these marks: (Aligned HSC Marks)

Eng Adv - 96
Eng Ext - 98
Eng Ext 2 - 100 (lol)
Ancient - 98
Hist Ext - 96
maths adv - 97
Software - 95 (already done)

I was wondering (approximately obviously) what raw marks correlate to these marks just so I have an idea of what marks I need to be looking at getting exactly ...

thanks in advance !

B35tY

HSC
Look, whether you get 99.95 or 100 or not isn't really that big a deal in the long run. Unless you absolutely bomb out of uni you'll be rolling in dough within 10 years. Can't it wait.

Otherwise, there's no point in second-guessing and failing because you guessed what you need wrong. Just work as hard as you can, and see what happens.

Meanwhile, i'll focus on my lesser goals :p

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
Well I think its more of the challenge of getting it which interests me haha...

If I don't get it I won't be devastated lol I'm not one of them ... hehe... I just want to know what it will take to actually get it

Apart from incredible amounts of work :p

2006hsc

HSC
keep in mind there not just looking for the highest UAI mark obtained from someone. if they just get a bad impression of who you are in the interview they jst wont take you on board. You also need extra activities you have done, eg debating, SRC, to really boost your chances to show what type of person you are.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I think he's referring to the one for 'outstanding achievement in the HSC' which is not interview based. Every other scholarship will be.

btw, back on topic, I'm not sure what raw marks, but you'd be best just to come first and then ace the exams. Have a scout around in the Exam Thoughts and UAI/HSC results forums for the last three HSCs--I remember last year everyone was trying to guess the raw-mark needed, in the external, for a band 6 cutoff for maths and probably various other subjects too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)