Raw Marks In Trials (1 Viewer)

D

dude431

Raw Marks - HSC Examination

Can someone give me an idea of what raw marks I need to get into a band 6 - for the HSC examination part (not the internal assessment part, obviously)? i.e. what raw marks should I be aiming for in the HSC examinations from previous years.

Subjects: ext 2 maths (/120), ext 1 maths(/84), english(/105), eco(/100), phy(/100), chem(/100)

I know they change every year, and I also know you can't obtain this information from anywhere. But can someone at least give me a rough idea - maybe previous HSCers can guess what their raw marks were and their moderated examination mark?

For example, a friend suggested to get 45+/50 for ext 1, you should aim for approximately 63+/84.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The only 'hard data' we have has been published in this thread.

Students who graduated last year or the year before might be able to give you some very rough guesses... though this is hard to do with the 'subjective' courses (e.g. English).

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
On the note of aligned and raw marks:
Suppose you get your Record of Achievement, and your marks are lower than expected. How are you supposed to protest a particular mark when the aligning process will "distort" your real raw mark? After all, a protest is againt your raw mark and not your aligned mark. So while you may believe you have been "rorted" of marks, it may actually be the aligning process that has pulled your mark down.

D

dude431

Problem with that thread is, well for 2003, many of the band 6's are missing.

I guess english is hard to ascertain, and economics (because /40 are essays); but for the rest of them I assume most people would have a rough idea of how they faired... it's just whether they can still remember.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Lazarus said:
The only 'hard data' we have has been published in this thread.

Students who graduated last year or the year before might be able to give you some very rough guesses... though this is hard to do with the 'subjective' courses (e.g. English).
When you say "hard data", do you mean to say they are exact (i.e. mathematically calculated) or they are just very good estimates?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)