raw mark needed for band six (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
is anyone else looking at the past papers now and feeling utterly screwed beyond belief like i am...

dear god yes. i am worse off than you.

ive done most of one past paper (2005). thats it. im just cramming atm

i got 15/15 in the multiple choice, i was like WTF!! wish that could happen in the actual exam :(

part B was a disaster. i used the marking centre notes to mark it, and assuming i got ALL CALCULATIONS CORRECT (which i probably didnt, idk, because i had no answers)

i got 45/60 :(

i didnt bother doing the option, but i know that itll screw me over big time, and the most i can get on there is like 15/25 IF IM LUCKY

im still trying to figure out how chem went from one of my best subjects to my worst subjects in the space of 6 months (i used to get 90+ for everything in chem)

so yeah. band 4 here i come! :cry:

nail

HSC
N/A
Hey Bayan92
i'm also aiming for USyd Pharm.
C'mon 92.55!!
wish the STAT test was scaled as well - i got 172 and so many people seemed to just scrape in on the 150/151 mark.
chem is going to screw me but - best i seem to be able to get on previous exams is about 65% :(

boxhunter91

HSC
Dw maybe nail. Maybe you just been having hard exams.
Our trial was hard compared to HSC exams. So ill know ill do much better today.
Good luck mate.

proringz

HSC
I'm pretty sure I got around 82-84 raw last year, ended up with 89 hsc mark

mitchwong650

HSC
After that exam, i'd say you're about right anna

band 6, 85-90% raw.

danal353

HSC
YAY it's OVER!!!! and not too terribly painful either...

edit:how did everyone find it?

Last edited:

joben

HSC
was hoping to get 90 raw but now it looks more like 85 or less.......lost 5 marks on that ammonia plus HCl bread piece of shit.....fml never eating bread ever again LOL.

evilflic

Supreme Member
Roseville/Chatswood (Sydney)... soon to be St Luci
HSC
was hoping to get 90 raw but now it looks more like 85 or less.......lost 5 marks on that ammonia plus HCl bread piece of shit.....fml never eating bread ever again LOL.
I second that! Lost 3 marks so far because of that fucking bread question. No more bread for me.

But people keep predicting the cutoff to be around 85-90% raw. IMO that's highly unlikely. I'd place it at between 78% and 85%. You may have found it an easy paper, but if you look at other schools and how their average to high-acheiving students found it, many (my sources = people at my school + friends from other schools that I just talked to on msn) seem to have found it fairly hard.

we0426

Banned
HSC
I second that! Lost 3 marks so far because of that fucking bread question. No more bread for me.

But people keep predicting the cutoff to be around 85-90% raw. IMO that's highly unlikely. I'd place it at between 78% and 85%. You may have found it an easy paper, but if you look at other schools and how their average to high-acheiving students found it, many (my sources = people at my school + friends from other schools that I just talked to on msn) seem to have found it fairly hard.

:(yeah it was pretty hard exam ..ppl i asked from sydney boys didnot find it eazy either i asked my teacher and he said if u thought i t was eazy u failied..it..how sad is dat..i found it really hard..tbh

micuzzo

HSC
doz any1 know where to find answers for the paper?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

My teacher and other teachers i've talked to have said that it was a fair paper or it was a tiny, tiny, tiny bit harder than last year because the sections tested were small ones. So cut off should still be around very high 70s-low80s

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
+1

BREAD FTL.

How many marks was that entire question worth? I saw it and thought.....ok, I'm gonna run out of time if I keep doing these calculation questions, SKIP!

So yeah, attempted everything else to the best of my ability, time wasn't really an issue. Had about 2mins remaining, which wasn't really enough time to go back and do the bread thing confidently so I didnt bother haha.

Looking at around high 70's as a raw, quite happy.

HSC
Bread was worth 7 i think...i lost about 5 marks on that question

I'm thinking i got low 70's or high 60's raw...is that enough for a band 5?

nicola.jade.xx

HSC
yeah the bread question was absolutey crapppppppppppppp lol.
what do you wise people who know alot more about this than me think a band 5 is worth raw??

evilflic

Supreme Member
Roseville/Chatswood (Sydney)... soon to be St Luci
HSC
My teacher and other teachers i've talked to have said that it was a fair paper or it was a tiny, tiny, tiny bit harder than last year because the sections tested were small ones. So cut off should still be around very high 70s-low80s
That's what I said... high 70s to low 80s... which is what my school's science teachers agree with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)