• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raw mark fo band 6 (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
Raw mark for band 6

What would be raw mark in hsc for band 6 ??

Last edited:

steelite

HSC
Yeah, l would also love to find out the raw marks required for Band 6, even a estimate would be good enough.

OT but for the trials (2005), what marks would you need to get Band 6 for Independent and CSSA.

steelite

HSC
Highly doubt you would need 90+, l reckon it could be around 80+ to get a low Band 6.

香港!

HSC
It wouldn't be 90+
Often even shit subjects align atleast +10 marks..
lol

steelite

HSC
btw for people who have done the past HSC papers, what mark do you usually get.

I've only really started marking the ones l've done (using the marking scheme and Success One) and l try to align it closely with the scheme as much as possible and l got only 81 for the 2001 paper.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
80 easily will get u 90+. My mate (last years HSC) worked out his school mark to be around 63% which went up to 78%

Edit: but this is because our school went good. we got 8 band 5's out of 40 people doing the course, so that means all our school assessments got put up!

Last edited:

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
香港! said:
It wouldn't be 90+
Often even shit subjects align atleast +10 marks..
lol
not scail...moderate and align. the scailing process is for UAC and the UAI's

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
so i got a class who bludges all day and probably excepting to get 30s in IPt would i get scaled down with a 94 assesment

what if
do shit in hsc and come out with 75 raw ??

or

do heaps well an get 85 raw?

香港!

HSC
Tommy_69 said:
not scail...moderate and align. the scailing process is for UAC and the UAI's
Yeah that's what I meant..
I'm trying to say usually even crappy subjects will have your raw mark aligned\moderated by +10%

steelite

HSC
th said:
so i got a class who bludges all day and probably excepting to get 30s in IPt would i get scaled down with a 94 assesment

what if
do shit in hsc and come out with 75 raw ??

or

do heaps well an get 85 raw?
From what you have said, since all the other guys in your class are crap and probably wouldnt get anywhere near 75, than your pretty safe in keeping your own raw marks and your moderated HSC mark wont be affected by them

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
what happens when there are a couple of people in the class who are doing pretty well, like gettin ~80% and the rest are getting less than 60% but the teacher changes everyone's marks, which are submitted to BOS, so that we are all close together, like a gap of 20% becomes 2%, and then these people do really crap in the HSC, get ~60%, and the other 2 people get 85+. I know the guy who came first won't be affected by everyone elses shit mark but what about the guy who came second, will he be greatly affected because his teacher changed the internal marks.

香港!

HSC
jake2.0 said:
what happens when there are a couple of people in the class who are doing pretty well, like gettin ~80% and the rest are getting less than 60% but the teacher changes everyone's marks, which are submitted to BOS, so that we are all close together, like a gap of 20% becomes 2%, and then these people do really crap in the HSC, get ~60%, and the other 2 people get 85+. I know the guy who came first won't be affected by everyone elses shit mark but what about the guy who came second, will he be greatly affected because his teacher changed the internal marks.
If your teacher changes the marks then these marks MUST maintain the same relative gaps as in the original marks.

steelite

HSC
From what the teacher on the HSC hotline said, for a Band 6 in Independent 2005, would require 84, though possibly a bit lower, l got 80 for Independent but some were just silly mistakes

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
i'm agreeing with this
9o+

because .. apparantly IPT isnt well scaled.. nowhere near +10..

so i've been told anyway
IPT isnt scaled well, however aligning and scaling are two completely different things. Your raw mark is aligned and then scaled- I would advise that you take a look at the thread about raw marks found here http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=55648

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
IPT isnt scaled well, however aligning and scaling are two completely different things. Your raw mark is aligned and then scaled- I would advise that you take a look at the thread about raw marks found here http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=55648
okay - i'm not understanding that
all i see is a table with numbers and courses
that's it.

hmm
well - what they say
=)

HSC
N/A
hmmm - i've seen that, i know about mod-ing
but i'm still kinda confused regarding how they're gonna fix up our uai and all that

*argh
whatever - leave it to those who know .. i'll just wait for that piece of paper that will determine the rest of my future
(that it will)
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)