Rationale (1 Viewer)

ashimation

HSC
Hey there everyone, I hope you all aren't freaking out at the impending end of our HSC!!

I was just wondering if any past (or current) students who did program promotion would be willing to show me their rationale, or point me in the direction of one. I'm having trouble deciding what to write -- it's very hard to do the following

"The rationale will be an explanation of the directorial concept, which provides a coherent vision of the play or video drama."

In 300 words.

I also have a few questions
-- Am I allowed to refer to myself. ie. say "I" "my vision/aim" etc?
-- Am I assuming the reader knows the play and it's messages/themes/concepts etc?
-- Should I talk about characters, the plot as a whole and refer it to relevant elements of my design?
-- What is the structure? Obviously because of the word limit I can't do an intro, body, conclusion thing, so how can I make it 'united' in structure -- it seems to just stop like I've been cut off...

At the moment my rationale basically outlines what I personally found the most important concepts of the play and how I tried to represent them -- is this a good approach?

I am willing to post my rationale if anyone is willing to give me some advice?

cheers

Last edited:

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
ok hunni i noe its hard im doing costume and design but its quite similar and all for helping

my teacher recommded that we dont talk in a rationale in a " boardofstudies manner" that we well write it in a reflection of the job we have to do and yes that means refering to urself. The readers and markers know the play and know the conccept but they want to understnad how and what concepts u want to reflect in ur designs.
Should I talk about characters, the plot as a whole and refer it to relevant elements of my design? YES YOU SHOULD THAT IS THE MAIN THEME OF THE RATIONALE.

and for structure just make sure ur not repating urself and answer the questions..end it with something genericc like this is how i have approached my design. as you can see stufflike that.
ur on the right track ... kep it up

brake una leg

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)