Rate my Introduction + essay plan (1 Viewer)

Pyramid

HSC
After reading the rubric and feeling angry, this is what I've come up with.

"Shakespeare's Julius Caesar presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of political tension in Rome. These perspectives (answer question). They are conveyed by a variety of dramatic techniques."

Then I'd write 3 body paragraphs:

1) CP's of Caesar (Cassius' and Brutus' talk Act1Scene2)
2) CP's of Rome's political situation (Brutus and Portia talk Act2Scene1)
3) CP's of Caesar's assassination (Brutus' and Antony's funeral orations)

Then a conclusion.

Is this the way to go about it? Does my intro and essay plan leave anything required by the module out?

Ignore the whole related text thing for now. Thanks from one who is lost and confused.

Pyramid

HSC
What do you think of my responses to these 2 questions?

For the question "Analyse the ways conflicting perspectives generate diverse and provocative insights."

Shakespeare's Julius Caesar presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of political tension in Rome. These perspectives (combine to give us a multi-faceted, more broadly and deeply considered view of such and thus allow us diverse and provocative insights). They are conveyed by a variety of dramatic techniques.

3 body paragraphs:

1) CP's of Caesar (Cassius' and Brutus' talk Act1Scene2) [Cassius' view of Caesar as a tyrant in public but as weak in private --> provocative insights about leadership]
2) CP's of Rome's political situation (Brutus and Portia talk Act2Scene1) [Brutus' public confidance versus his reluctance to confide in private with Portia --> provocative insights about gender roles in politics]
3) CP's of Caesar's assassination (Brutus' and Antony's funeral orations) [Brutus' appeal to reason vs Antony's appeal to emotion --> provocative insights about power of rhetoric]

-------------------------

For the question: "Perspectives of an event, personality or situation may be manipulated by the ways in which a composer represents them."

Shakespeare's Julius Caesar presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of political tension in Rome. These perspectives (whether they be those of the play's characters or those of the audience, are manipulated by the ways in which Shakespeare represents them through a variety of dramatic techniques).

3 body paragraphs:

1) CP's of Caesar (Cassius' and Brutus' talk Act1Scene2) [Cassius' view of Caesar as a tyrant in public but as weak in private --> first as manipulated by Cassius' imagery of Caesar as a predator of Rome, then "as a sick girl" in private]
2) CP's of Rome's political situation (Brutus and Portia talk Act2Scene1) [Brutus' public confidance versus his reluctance to confide in private with Portia --> first as manipulated by Shakespeare's manipulation of Brutus as an "honourable man", then the private tension of their relationship through Portia's symbolic self-mutilation]
3) CP's of Caesar's assassination (Brutus' and Antony's funeral orations) [Brutus' appeal to reason vs Antony's appeal to emotion --> prose vs poetry, commands vs invitations]

chrisnumber1

HSC
you know that by putting stuff up here your asking it to be plagiarized. i have a friend who wrote an essay for religion, one of the girls at the local all girls school asked if she could read it, she gave it to here friends. a month later a friend from an inner city school asked me to read their essay, and it was my friends word for word

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
you know that by putting stuff up here your asking it to be plagiarized. i have a friend who wrote an essay for religion, one of the girls at the local all girls school asked if she could read it, she gave it to here friends. a month later a friend from an inner city school asked me to read their essay, and it was my friends word for word
Everyone should know this upon posting. It shouldnt matter to the person posting it though... if they wanna copy, let them. You're still getting the same results, but helping out some poor soul who really needs it. Plus, the content is not necessarily good...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
What do you think of my responses to these 2 questions?

For the question "Analyse the ways conflicting perspectives generate diverse and provocative insights."

Shakespeare's Julius Caesar presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of political tension in Rome. These perspectives (combine to give us a multi-faceted, more broadly and deeply considered view of such and thus allow us diverse and provocative insights). They are conveyed by a variety of dramatic techniques.

3 body paragraphs:

1) CP's of Caesar (Cassius' and Brutus' talk Act1Scene2) [Cassius' view of Caesar as a tyrant in public but as weak in private --> provocative insights about leadership]
2) CP's of Rome's political situation (Brutus and Portia talk Act2Scene1) [Brutus' public confidance versus his reluctance to confide in private with Portia --> provocative insights about gender roles in politics]
3) CP's of Caesar's assassination (Brutus' and Antony's funeral orations) [Brutus' appeal to reason vs Antony's appeal to emotion --> provocative insights about power of rhetoric]

-------------------------

For the question: "Perspectives of an event, personality or situation may be manipulated by the ways in which a composer represents them."

Shakespeare's Julius Caesar presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of political tension in Rome. These perspectives (whether they be those of the play's characters or those of the audience, are manipulated by the ways in which Shakespeare represents them through a variety of dramatic techniques).

3 body paragraphs:

1) CP's of Caesar (Cassius' and Brutus' talk Act1Scene2) [Cassius' view of Caesar as a tyrant in public but as weak in private --> first as manipulated by Cassius' imagery of Caesar as a predator of Rome, then "as a sick girl" in private]
2) CP's of Rome's political situation (Brutus and Portia talk Act2Scene1) [Brutus' public confidance versus his reluctance to confide in private with Portia --> first as manipulated by Shakespeare's manipulation of Brutus as an "honourable man", then the private tension of their relationship through Portia's symbolic self-mutilation]
3) CP's of Caesar's assassination (Brutus' and Antony's funeral orations) [Brutus' appeal to reason vs Antony's appeal to emotion --> prose vs poetry, commands vs invitations]
you need to say why the composers manipulate such situations for eg. challenge values of their context

integrate your thematic concerns into your introduction. for eg.. why conflicting perspectives over events arise

Pyramid

HSC
you need to say why the composers manipulate such situations for eg. challenge values of their context

integrate your thematic concerns into your introduction. for eg.. why conflicting perspectives over events arise
Thanks very much for pointing those out. How, then, is this for an improvement?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conflicting perspectives of the same personalities, events and situations arise because we as individuals respond to and form perspectives on them from different psychological and contextual backgrounds. With Julius Caesar, Shakespeare presents conflicting perspectives of the personality of Caesar, the event of his assassination, and the situation of Rome's political tension, in order to challenge his audience's perspectives of previously unchallenged ideas of X/Y/Z. These perspectives are conveyed by a variety of dramatic techniques, and (answer question).

Toranilor

HSC
Everyone should know this upon posting. It shouldnt matter to the person posting it though... if they wanna copy, let them. You're still getting the same results, but helping out some poor soul who really needs it. Plus, the content is not necessarily good...
While that may be the case, keep in mind that you are directly competing with everyone taking their HSC. That's what the exam is about. That how you get your ATAR.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
While that may be the case, keep in mind that you are directly competing with everyone taking their HSC. That's what the exam is about. That how you get your ATAR.
If you need to copy someone elses essay then you have no chance at competing with them anyway! :D

ministoj

HSC
So what does the syllabus rubric mean when it says 'situations' .. my teachers are hellbent on telling me its the same as themes , while i believe if it was meant to be the same as themes , BOS would have just wrote 'themes' instead of 'situations' .. ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)