Gra_na_Rince

Latin, for 'royally screwed'.

May be called the 'dead language' - I still think its cool :uhhuh:

Hope that made you smile!!

:D

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
lol royally screwed thats exactly how u can describe my position in life at the moment...

i wish i was like those ppl who cahn just not stress bout the hsc but i cant!!!!!!!!!! but hey it will all be over in 151 days
*SHIT, STARTS HYPERVENTALATING AT THE THOUGHT OF THE ENGLISH EXAM BEING THAT CLOSE*

omg:( :eek:

Gra_na_Rince

I used to also stress about the HSC - big time.

However... incidents over the last few months have let me aknowledge that there is life after the HSC ;)

I know it may seem that its all too much, and believe me I feel the same way - but the only thing that you can do, and that can be expected of you, is to do the best that you can now.

There are so many other ways to get what you want, if the coin doesnt flip the right side for you the first time. But hang in there, and keep your cool... balance study with activities you enjoy, and you'll find study easier. Solid study can not only be boring, but stressful.

And... as I always do, have a good sense of humour, and laugh often. Does wonders. :D

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
the thing is im not consistently study and most of the time im out having way 2 much fun LOL which then leads to stress! i have 3 assessments due in the next 2 weeks! UR RIGHT... i need to remeber that there is life after the hsc- even if it is uni, i dont know which is scarier! its just that dont u find that with all the empahasis on ranks and all that stuff, life can never be nething but stressful during the hsc?

Gra_na_Rince

ehehe :)

I know how it is when you're just having fun and you dont want to study!!!

I tried this, and so far its working. You just have to stay motivated - or at least attempt to. Remember - any work you get done has to be productive, and hopefully better off than you started ;)

Try setting goals - for example, allocate your own deadline for assignments (often helpful when you have several due all around the same time) - work on one at a time and try not to get distracted doing lots of other work until its finished. One of the hardest things (and most confusing) is trying to do 4 assignments at the same time. It doesnt work!

So, for example, concerntrate a whole week on one assignment. Aim to have it done by the weekend. That way, you can do more leisure activities on the weekends, as opposed to after school (when it is really tempting!!)
If you get study periods at school, used them very wisely. Learn how to do good searches on the net so you dont waste lots of time. Create a favourites list on your computer of good resoucrces which will help you in future assignments and work.

If you're really motivated, use half of lunch to study or get work done. That way, you can have a bit of a better break when you get home.

I try to do as much as I can at school, so there is a lot less to get done at home.

Go to the nearest large public library, and if they have a research section (as they do at wollongong) - have a poke around for relevant information. Better still, ask the librarians for help - I'm sure they'll help you if you say that you're doing the HSC and need assistance!!! ;)

Collect quotes from different people concerning the text your studying at the moment. These may agree with the text, or be against it. Either way, you'll have something good which you may be able to use as an argument in an essay. It helps!! (also brilliant with any HSIE subjects.)

Anyways, I have to run to my next class. Hang in there... you just have to be able to stick it out.

Believe in yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)