Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah he's a perfect Aryan baby, and I will therefore not hear a bad word about the babymaker.

Aprilpeters

HSC
she's 11 f0r god sake!
there shouldn't even be a debate.
they risk the life of a living (indepedant of their mother) breathing child in order to save the life of a 'non-existant' child!!

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yes, I actually called up the BOS to make sure, because people had said it wasn't =)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You chose senior science with bio and chem because you like science? I call bullshit again, people who like science to Physics.

Edit: And because physics is the greatest subject ever.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I like science, but I'm not great at physics. So I didn't do it.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
And yeah, who cares. Talk about someone else. =)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Wooooooooooooo late to the party. Cbf reading the whole thread right now, but is this kid even religious? Does she have the mental capacity to be able to choose if she believes in abortion being a sin? If religion wasn't a part of the equation, would there be any doubt that she should terminate the baby?

iono, just a thought.

mitso BIG!

HSC
ROFLLLLLLLLL
watta losaa
she got raped by her uncle
wdf r use talkn bout
NERDS got nuffn betta 2 do ay

Graustein

HSC
Read the first 10 or so pages and couldn't be bothered reading the rest, so apologies if I make an already-resolved point.
I just had to say a few things.

1.) Early on someone mentioned "playing God" by killing a foetus, asking whether we have the right to decide who lives and dies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pretty much the entire medical field about preventing people from dying? My point is that if you're playing God by stopping people from being born, aren't you also playing God by stopping them from dying? I mean, following the "playing God" train of thought, God must have made those people sick and dying to begin with, so isn't the whole medical profession in defiance of God's will?

2.) Has anyone really considered the opinions of the girl? I mean, really considered? Does she want the abortion, doesn't she? The article mentions her parents wanting her to have the abortion, but no mention of her opinion. No matter what we do, the girl's gonna get scarred. Will she get scarred more by going through with the pregnancy and having the child on her mind, or will she be scarred more by the guilt of murdering a baby? I use that wording because if she's scarred more by the guilt of abortion, that's how she's gonna remember it. What's the answer to this little question? I don't know. Nobody here knows. Maybe she doesn't know. But while we can't force her to give birth to an unwanted child, we also can't force her to kill it. It should be her decision, and hers alone.

3.) It's spelled foetus. Not fetus. This is Australia, not the USA.

4.) It's called a foetus, not a baby. A foetus does not equal a baby, any more than a child equals an adult, or a teenager equals an octogenarian.

5.) It is a human. I don't care whether you're for or against abortion, but you can't reconcile advocating abortion by saying it's not human. It is. Reconcile it some other way.

6.) I'd like to ask those who tout "adoption" as the answer to all our problems how they'd cope knowing they had a child out in the world. What if you just want to be rid of the baby? Forget it ever happened, kinda thing? Put it behind you? How can you put any kind of unwanted pregnancy behind you knowing that the child is out in the world? Knowing that the child will be growing up wondering who Mummy was, why Mummy abandoned them, why Mummy never loved them? Knowing that the child in 20 years' time is likely to want answers to those questions? This isn't even mentioning the fact that the child in question is an incestuous rape-baby whose mother gave birth to them at an age before many girls are capable of giving birth.

7.) This isn't to say that the foetus will definitely have a horrible life. Maybe it won't. Maybe it'll grow up to cure cancer. Then again, maybe it'll turn into another Hitler. Frankly, I don't give a shit. I honestly could not care less what this unborn foetus might grow up to be. You wanna know what I am concerned with? The fact that there is a little girl out there who has been traumatised beyond belief, to an extent that even she won't be able to comprehend it until years down the track. Lets compare here. On the one hand, we have a little girl who has been through unimaginable emotional scarring and is faced with even more to come, and on the other hand we have an unborn foetus that doesn't even have a sense of identity. I don't know about anyone else, but I would gladly deprive the world of what might be in favour of what is.

Freakette

HSC
has anyone thought of the fact that shes eleven, and its probably imposssible for her to give birth to a healthy baby without dying herself?
and has anyone watched the pd/h/pe video of grown women giving birth?
i would not force that on any child, particularly when the possibility of both mother and baby dying is the most likely scenario.
and adoption would be inevitable. what else would happen? 11 year old would take the baby to primary school with her and breastfeed? hey, in about a year, her and all her classmates get taught about sex (if the romanian eduaction system is anything like ours)
wouldnt it be an enjoyable situation, sitting in a room with your classmates, learning about penis' and vaginas while youre cradling a fucking baby.
or maybe her parents would bring it up, and it could be like her younger sibling. because THAT family dynamic is a perfectly common one.
personally, i beleive in a merciful and COMPASSIONATE God
and i dont understand how the compassion of some Christians seems to be directed solely at a foetus, rather than the mother.
do they belong to the school of Christianity that advocates a mother dying in childbirth rather than terminating the pregnancy?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
has anyone thought of the fact that shes eleven, and its probably imposssible for her to give birth to a healthy baby without dying herself?
and has anyone watched the pd/h/pe video of grown women giving birth?
i would not force that on any child, particularly when the possibility of both mother and baby dying is the most likely scenario.
are you a doctor? do you have any idea what you are talking about? it is actually quite possible for a 12 year old to give birth, my mum sees them every now and then, yes there are often complications, but it is far from impossible, and the idea of mother and baby dying is absurd, this is 2008, not the middle ages.

About adoption: not necessarily the only option, often what happens is the parents of the mother will raise the kid and its not told who its mother is, the mother is treated as a sister.

Theres plenty of arguments that can be used for abortion, but you unfortunately picked the weakest ones.

Freakette

HSC
I think i tried to adress the fact that it is unlikely the child will forget giving birth to her "sister"- keeping the baby in the family would be complicated to say the least, particularly given that if we are able to know the circumstances of its conception in Australia, it will probably be fairly difficult to keep that knowledge from both children
also, regardless of the girls age (twelve or eleven) im assuming (and no, im not a doctor, but my brother is) that whether or not she is physically capable of giving birth without extreme risks to both mother and child, or even carrying to full term, is probably more dependent on her level of physical development, as opposed to her chronological age. without having seen her, im just speculating along the lines that she is not particularly well developed, although i acknowledge that nationality/genetics/lifestyle would affect this

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
It's not really about whether the girl can give birth to the kid, it's about whether she should, for her own sake, and I think the answer is no. It's too much to expect of someone so young.

Freakette

HSC
i think whether she physically can impacts on whether she should
as far as i know, thats usually the first thing assesed in terms of abortions- whether the continuation of the pregnancy will harm the mother or child
just personally, i believe that if it is likely to physically (before emotions/ramifications are considered) harm the mother, who has already been harmed enough, then abortion is AT THE LEAST an acceptable option

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I read the whole of this thread, mostly out of boredom. Needless to say, it gave me the lulz. It went from a news story about an 11 year old girl who got raped, to an abortion debate and then to a fight over whether or not you can do both senior science and another science subject (which you can do, but only in year 12).

Well, I agree with what Graustein says. You can't justify abortion by saying that the foetus is not a 'human', but you can justify it in other ways. Like, if you were 11 years old and got raped by your uncle. THEN you can justify it.

And those 'fundies' are the kind of people who should be taken out to the backyard and shot. You can't impose your opinons on another person with arguments like that, so why do you even bother?

Oh, and by the way, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

HSC
A 11 year old would not carry full term anyway as soon as the child is viable it would delivered by C-section,

Adoption is an option.

I believe abortion is wrong.
An abortion can not change the fact that it happened, a child should not have to die because of the discusting thing that the father did.

HSC
squeenie said:
I read the whole of this thread, mostly out of boredom. Needless to say, it gave me the lulz. It went from a news story about an 11 year old girl who got raped, to an abortion debate and then to a fight over whether or not you can do both senior science and another science subject (which you can do, but only in year 12).

Well, I agree with what Graustein says. You can't justify abortion by saying that the foetus is not a 'human', but you can justify it in other ways. Like, if you were 11 years old and got raped by your uncle. THEN you can justify it.

And those 'fundies' are the kind of people who should be taken out to the backyard and shot. You can't impose your opinons on another person with arguments like that, so why do you even bother?

Oh, and by the way, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
umm you are imposing your opinion on us too arn't you, the point of this thread is for peoples opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)