• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah well then people have no excuse not to use the word foetus, regardless of perceived connotations.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Yeah well then people have no excuse not to use the word foetus, regardless of perceived connotations.
Its no law that u must use the correct term. All it means is people may not know what u are talking about / have a go at you :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Its no law that u must use the correct term. All it means is people may not know what u are talking about / have a go at you :)
Well , yeah, if you consistently do not use the correct term people will tend to percieve you as a retard who does not know what they are talking about and they will often be right.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Well , yeah, if you consistently do not use the correct term people will tend to percieve you as a retard who does not know what they are talking about and they will often be right.
that is what i said.
:)
Emy doesnt want to use the word , fine. Just means i have to read her post twice to get it. Im okay with that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
that is what i said.
:)
Emy doesnt want to use the word , fine. Just means i have to read her post twice to get it. Im okay with that.
My apologies. I would give my left boob to see emytaylor retrospectively aborted by someone, but we can't always get what we want I suppose.

To sum up before I go to bed -

Abortion is acceptable and often necessary in the following instances (note this is not an exhaustive list)

1. Rape
2. Incest
3. Where the mother would come to severe psychological and/or physical harm from carrying the baby and/or giving birth to it.

This case has all three. "But it's a human life" just doesn't cut it in the real world where sometimes you do have to make a difficult choice between two lives.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I don't think anyone believes that all human lives are equal. Especially not the religious types.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'd like to put a hypothetical to the adamant pro-lifers in this thread to gauge the limits of their "NO ABORTION EVAR" stance.

Say a woman was pregnant, and there was a 100% guarantee (or near enough for the possibility of the alternative to be slim to none) that both mother and baby would die if the pregnancy was to continue to term.

Would you support an abortion, considering that the alternative would be the loss of not one but two lives? Surely the preservation of any life possible should be the goal in this instance. But the only way to do this is by aborting the foetus (which, don't forget, is going to die regardless). What would you do?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Didn't Hitler's mother's doctor talk her out of an abortion?

I doubt it's true but it's one of those things you hear.

RADelaide

HSC
You can't say that the foetus is a "human" persay. Admittedly, it will be a human if the girl (Who may not have even hit puberty yet) gives birth, but the girl is still a baby herself. And now her uncle raped her, she's been thrust into adulthood. How is that fair on her? Yes, the abortion will be trumatic (sp?) but so would having a raise a child at eleven. =[ I'd abort for the foetus's own good.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
RADelaide said:
You can't say that the foetus is a "human" persay. Admittedly, it will be a human if the girl (Who may not have even hit puberty yet) gives birth, but the girl is still a baby herself. And now her uncle raped her, she's been thrust into adulthood. How is that fair on her? Yes, the abortion will be trumatic (sp?) but so would having a raise a child at eleven. =[ I'd abort for the foetus's own good.
Good post, except I'm pretty sure the girl would have already hit puberty, since she's pregnant. :)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I have this awesome idea where emytaylor somehow miraculously is able to empathise with the girl.
Not saying she should be raped by her uncle and fall pregnant. But if there were some other way she could know what that's like, she should be FORCED to do it.
Isn't Jesus supposed to have empathy and all that shit?
Fucking have some, idiot.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
My apologies. I would give my left boob to see emytaylor retrospectively aborted by someone, but we can't always get what we want I suppose.

To sum up before I go to bed -

Abortion is acceptable and often necessary in the following instances (note this is not an exhaustive list)

1. Rape
2. Incest
3. Where the mother would come to severe psychological and/or physical harm from carrying the baby and/or giving birth to it.

This case has all three. "But it's a human life" just doesn't cut it in the real world where sometimes you do have to make a difficult choice between two lives.
Why those three reasons? The third is pretty self explanatory, but i dont really see why abortion is ok is those other 2 when no harm is going to come to the baby.

As i see it, with a topic like this you should either be all in or all out, either say that the fetus has a right to live[due to some sort of beleif in jesusmagic usually] and the circumstances of its birth make no difference,

or that the mother has the right to abort her baby for whateverthefuck reason she wants, even if its just because she wants to go out drinking on a friday instead of taking care of a screaming crying parasite.

How can you say that abortions are normally morally wrong because killing a human life is against god [ or whatever] but then say "you know what? its ok if the mother was raped, lets blame the future kid for that and kill it, its not like its half her dna as well"

Either you go with the "its the mothers body she has the right to do whatever she wants with it, even get wasted every night then carry to term so the baby is fucked up" argument or you go with the "zomgz its a human life,you cant kill the precious little cuddly baby, even if noone wants it and the mother is 11 and might die from giving birth and she was raped by a relative" argument

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I really, really disagree that things should be seen in black and white.

There are very few things in this world which are always right or always wrong.

WannaBang?

HSC
scarybunny said:
I really, really disagree that things should be seen in black and white.

There are very few things in this world which are always right or always wrong.
Not true. How cool was TV back when it was black and white?

Heck! I still have mine.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Not true. How cool was TV back when it was black and white?

Heck! I still have mine.

TV was kind of grey.

Michael Jackson I suppose would be a valid argument.

But morals are fuzzy and grey like goose down.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
scarybunny said:
TV was kind of grey.

Michael Jackson I suppose would be a valid argument.

But morals are fuzzy and grey like goose down.
And there're no morals after you down some grey goose.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
HEY GAIZ ITS COOL FOR CHILDREN TO GET KILLED BY THEIR GRANDAD WITH AN AXE BUT NOT TO ABORT A CHILD THAT WAS CONCEIVED WHEN THEY WERE RAPED BY THEIR UNCLE.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Why those three reasons? The third is pretty self explanatory, but i dont really see why abortion is ok is those other 2 when no harm is going to come to the baby.

As i see it, with a topic like this you should either be all in or all out, either say that the fetus has a right to live[due to some sort of beleif in jesusmagic usually] and the circumstances of its birth make no difference,

or that the mother has the right to abort her baby for whateverthefuck reason she wants, even if its just because she wants to go out drinking on a friday instead of taking care of a screaming crying parasite.

How can you say that abortions are normally morally wrong because killing a human life is against god [ or whatever] but then say "you know what? its ok if the mother was raped, lets blame the future kid for that and kill it, its not like its half her dna as well"

Either you go with the "its the mothers body she has the right to do whatever she wants with it, even get wasted every night then carry to term so the baby is fucked up" argument or you go with the "zomgz its a human life,you cant kill the precious little cuddly baby, even if noone wants it and the mother is 11 and might die from giving birth and she was raped by a relative" argument

I like this post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)