Rant: Today Tonight (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=17585

Don't know if anyone has seen the report on the little Leonie case. it was pointless and stupid, and a bloody waste of air time!

Not that the case itself is not concerning, of course everyone will be at least concerned as to the whereabout of the little girl. But having like 5 to 10min blah blah about how the mother holds the key to the mystery and actually having her on the show saying 'i can't tell you where she is', 'she's safe' blah blah (in a notably paid on-screen appearance style rather than dodge and run) is just so pointless.

I really don't see the point of that report (the link is just for reference, maybe you guys are lucky enough not to have seen the program)

just want to know if anyone else has seen that particular 'story' and feels the same

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It is all the grandmothers fault. What do you think would happen with a child named Rainbow.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
But the segment a while ago about soft drink making your throat explode was so informative!
wtf?!

+10

Comrade nathan

HSC
That whole show is full of shit. Some of the scams are so obvious, or they do a show about butter killing you.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
surprisingly it still gets good ratings really. i guess it successfully targets a large market of people which i find hard to understand

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Watch Frontline.

Also a TS Elliott (I believe correct me if I'm wrong) quote springs to mind which goes something like 'To satisfy the public entertainers start by underestimateing their taste and then they debauch it'

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
A couple of years ago these kids tipped off TT that they lived in the sewers and, I think, collected welfare benefits. So of course TT ran a story about them from some point of view (I don't remember what - they were cheating the system or they were forced to run away or whatever), at which point the kids came out and said it was all a hoax. But instead of admitting that they were conned by a bunch of kids, TT made another story attacking them for wasting TT's valuable and obviously respected time. That pretty much sums up the show IMO.

Carlito

HSC
Thats why I dont watch TT for the stories..... mmm.... Anna Coren..... *drool*

Generator

HSC
N/A
I think that it was last night... 'Anti-gay remarks as a form of publicity, but now on to something more important... Insurance companies, do they care?''. Great, isn't it?

Last edited:

Carlito

HSC
where do they film TT. you see people looking into the studio when they goto the break

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It's the same place they film the Seven News and Sunrise shows. Is it George Street or something? I can't remember, they made a big deal about it when they first moved from their old studios, but it's kinda gotten old now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)