Rant about Epping Road (1 Viewer)

CloudStrife

HSC
Basically the end section of Epping Road in Sydney used to be 2-3 lanes (each way) leading to the city. BUT after building the Lane Cove tunnel they decided to cut down the lanes of Epping Road to make it into 1 bus lane+1 car lane (each way).
Toll roads are meant to be faster but you pay for it. They're meant to be an OPTION for the road user to take. But with regards to Epping Road, since there's only 1 car lane left, it just seems that they're redirecting traffic into the tunnel for profit.

Does anyone travel along Epping Road in Sydney and hate how it is and will turn out?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Isn't there a facebook group for this?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You're from the North Shore.

We, by which I mean non-NorthShorians and the NSW Government, do not care.

Live with it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CloudStrife said:
Basically the end section of Epping Road in Sydney used to be 2-3 lanes (each way) leading to the city. BUT after building the Lane Cove tunnel they decided to cut down the lanes of Epping Road to make it into 1 bus lane+1 car lane (each way).
Toll roads are meant to be faster but you pay for it. They're meant to be an OPTION for the road user to take. But with regards to Epping Road, since there's only 1 car lane left, it just seems that they're redirecting traffic into the tunnel for profit.

Does anyone travel along Epping Road in Sydney and hate how it is and will turn out?
Epping Rd is still 15 000 times faster than it was before the tunnel because those not using the toll road still reap the benefit of those who do because there are less cars on the road.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
You're from the North Shore.

We, by which I mean non-NorthShorians and the NSW Government, do not care.

Live with it.
North Shore residents take the Pacific Highway, you ignorant twat.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'm going down to Rozelle on Sunday to protest (and by protest I mean get drunk and wear a tea towel around my head to look like a terrorist) the Iron Cove bridge renovations.

Get angry, let's fuck Morris up. We need 1968 Student riot in this country.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
North Shore residents take the Pacific Highway, you ignorant twat.
You're all angry now, but you were nice when I met you lol. :eek:

EDIT: HOW SHOULD I KNOW WHAT ROADS NORTHSHORIANS TAKE EH? They all look the same to me, so says the Sun Herald anyway.

And yes I am jealous I'm not rich.

EDIT2: I used to read street directories for fun in primary school

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jb_nc said:
I'm going down to Rozelle on Sunday to protest (and by protest I mean get drunk and wear a tea towel around my head to look like a terrorist, maybe throw a few molotovs) the Iron Cove bridge renovations.

Get angry, let's fuck Morris up. We need 1968 Student riot in this country.
What's this Callan Park bullshit I keep seeing on Darling St?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
What's this Callan Park bullshit I keep seeing on Darling St?
Iemma wants to build some other bridge for $150 million dollars which is just gay and also will fuck up Drummoyne Pool and Birkenhead, ect. Like total amount of time in traffic saved would be ~30 seconds.

It's on the RTA website. It's totally stupid.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Zimmerman8k said:
You dont have a god given right to drive around cheaply and conviently
But those of us in the South-West can drive cheaply and conviniently. Surely these folks have a right to complain for being discriminated against?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
But those of us in the South-West can drive cheaply and conviniently. Surely these folks have a right to complain for being discriminated against?
Fuck you guys and your traffic rebates. Seriously, we bible belt types are about to launch a jihad.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jb_nc said:
Iemma wants to build some other bridge for $150 million dollars which is just gay and also will fuck up Drummoyne Pool and Birkenhead, ect. Like total amount of time in traffic saved would be ~30 seconds.

It's on the RTA website. It's totally stupid.
Nah this was STOP SARTOR FUCKING UP OUR SUBURBS.

EDIT: http://www.callanpark.com/ this one.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
On the other hand, since we live further away from available employment (theoretically), and since we generally have less favourable circumstances in general, shouldn't we be entitled to cheaper tolls?

I say yes.

While we're on the subject of traffic and roads, I would like to offer my view that building that Light Change Interhorse was one of the silliest things that any government could ever have done, from what I've seen. I may be wrong about this, but the traffic volumes on that thing aren't big enough to justify building a four level stack interchange. I've been through there twice during peak hour, and a few other times in non-peak periods, and the thing has always been barren.

EDIT: You people are too fast for me. :D

Zimmerman said:
Edit: Isn't the M5 considered chronically congested?
Yes, but not as much as other routes from what I've heard.

EDIT2: Frankly, I think it's about time that the State or Federal Government put a sum of money into building bigger, more secure carparks at train stations and advertising them. It's a cheap solution, and by golly, I reckon it'd work wonders.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
On the other hand, since we live further away from available employment (theoretically), and since we generally have less favourable circumstances in general, shouldn't we be entitled to cheaper tolls?

I say yes.

While we're on the subject of traffic and roads, I would like to offer my view that building that Light Change Interhorse was one of the silliest things that any government could ever have done, from what I've seen. I may be wrong about this, but the traffic volumes on that thing aren't big enough to justify building a four level stack interchange. I've been through there twice during peak hour, and a few other times in non-peak periods, and the thing has always been barren.
Yeah, but it looks pretty.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
But the interchange is so cool to drive over. It's like WHEEEEEEEE!

Barren interchange = good. Less traffic is good traffic.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
On Flying Squad we spent weeks arguing over what those pipe wire things were. One girl insisted they were windbreaks.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Nah this was STOP SARTOR FUCKING UP OUR SUBURBS.

EDIT: http://www.callanpark.com/ this one.
Oh ok well there's so many things thats shit about this state government I don't know whats what

That's prettty shit about wanting to give the University the land :/

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
withoutaface said:
On Flying Squad we spent weeks arguing over what those pipe wire things were. One girl insisted they were windbreaks.
There's one for every light horseman who died.

Apart from that I have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)