Ranks needed for 92+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Hopp

HSC
I have a very small year, also the overall cohort in my classes consist of a few top students and a large tail end. My school Ranks early 300's too. Anyway it goes like:

Advanced English ~/48
Ex.1 English ~/7
Ex.2 English ~/7
Biology ~/28
Geography ~/19
Ancient History ~/30

So I'm guessing it's 1st place in each subject considering the small numbers and all, which is definitely achievable for me to do, although Biology might be a bit of a fight :shoot:

Thanks for the help!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What ATAR range does the dux of your school usually gets? Just keep in mind even if you are first in all your subjects internally, you really need to make sure you perform well externally to maximise your ATAR. I would say being in the top 3 of each subject would have more than secured you a 92+ ATAR.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I have a very small year, also the overall cohort in my classes consist of a few top students and a large tail end. My school Ranks early 300's too. Anyway it goes like:

Advanced English ~/48
Ex.1 English ~/7
Ex.2 English ~/7
Biology ~/28
Geography ~/19
Ancient History ~/30

So I'm guessing it's 1st place in each subject considering the small numbers and all, which is definitely achievable for me to do, although Biology might be a bit of a fight :shoot:

Thanks for the help!
Yup you've gotta top that. Cos if the other end of your cohort is shitty and your in the shitty half your marks might be affected.

My ATAR is pretty close to what you want. I was in top 10 for most. - came 5/7 for English Ext (never came to class)

Just try and keep your marks 85+ and match it in the actual HSC exams & you'll be fine.

Oh yeah and my school was in the 200s.

Last edited:

Hopp

HSC
What ATAR range does the dux of your school usually gets? Just keep in mind even if you are first in all your subjects internally, you really need to make sure you perform well externally to maximise your ATAR. I would say being in the top 3 of each subject would have more than secured you a 92+ ATAR.
From my time at this school, it's 96-98.

Hopp

HSC
Yup you've gotta top that. Cos if the other end of your cohort is shitty and your in the shitty half your marks might be affected.

My ATAR is pretty close to what you want lol. I was in top 10 for most. - came 5/7 for English Ext (never came to class)

Just try and keep your marks 85+ and match it in the actual HSC exams & you'll be fine.

Oh yeah and my school was in the 200s.
Ok, that makes sense, thanks for the help :)

gwilymprice

HSC
I have friends who did the exact same set of subjects and my school was mid 300s, and has a very similar atar for Dux, and those friends achieved atars of 90-95 and definitely did not rank 1st probably top 5 for them. But when the school rank is high it's much harder as results fluctuate from year to year

Hopp

HSC
I have friends who did the exact same set of subjects and my school was mid 300s, and has a very similar atar for Dux, and those friends achieved atars of 90-95 and definitely did not rank 1st probably top 5 for them. But when the school rank is high it's much harder as results fluctuate from year to year
Oh wow, how coincidental lol. Thanks for sharing that though.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Here's my subjects:

Advanced Eng 88
Eng ext 40
Modern history 88
His extension 40
Legal studies 93
Business studies 87
Music 87 (didn't count)

- you want to get at LEAST one band 6.

My schools highest ATAR was 99.1 - good for a school originally in the 300s. It really depends in the cohort.

Hopp

HSC
Here's my subjects:

Advanced Eng 88
Eng ext 40
Modern history 88
His extension 40
Legal studies 93
Business studies 87
Music 87 (didn't count)

- you want to get at LEAST one band 6.

My schools highest ATAR was 99.1 - good for a school originally in the 300s. It really depends in the cohort.

Good job on your scores, and thanks for the advice :) I'm hoping for/confident for a band 6 in English, Geo and Ancient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)