Ranks for 96+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster:

I go to a 40+ ranked school, and I need a 96+ ATAR for my desired course (actuarial studies) so what kind of ranks should I be aiming to achieve for my subjects?
Go to HSC ninja, type your school name and find out how many band 6 usually in each subject. Then you can estimate off using a HSC calculator approximate ranks needed

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster:

Sorry I'm a bit confused, why do I need to check how many B6's my school gets?
A 96+ ATAR will require high marks, preferably as many band 6's/E4's as possible across your subjects. Using HSCninja to determine how many band 6's/E4's your school achieves can give you an idea of what ranks you will potentially need to achieve such marks across your subjects, allowing you to eventually reach your desired ATAR.

Your ranks are the main consideration with regard to your Assessment Mark (which constitutes 50% of your final mark for a subject). For a 96+ ATAR, it would generally be favourable to try to rank as high as possible, so that you are in a good position as you approach your HSC exams.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster:

Sorry I'm a bit confused, why do I need to check how many B6's my school gets?
To get 96 ATAR, most subjects will need to be Band 6. It is to check per subject, so for example if your school gets 10 band 6s in chemistry for example usually, then you would ideally want to be somewhere in that top 10. By looking through each subject and doing that you can find out the approximate ranks you need to be in contention for getting 96+ atar

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
So the greater number of band 6's, the better your cohort does, the more they will "kinda" boost your ranks/ATAR?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
So the greater number of band 6's, the better your cohort does, the more they will "kinda" boost your ranks/ATAR?
Your ranks won't be boosted, they depend on your own performance in your school-based (internal) assessment tasks and exams. Your goal should be to maximise those ranks, which can be done by performing well internally across your subjects. If your cohort is academically capable, this will be beneficial with respect to your Assessment Mark, which constitutes 50% of your final mark in a subject, meaning you can expect favourable Assessment Marks, particularly if your rank is high, thanks to the moderation process.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
Your ranks won't be boosted, they depend on your own performance in your school-based (internal) assessment tasks and exams. Your goal should be to maximise those ranks, which can be done by performing well internally across your subjects. If your cohort is academically capable, this will be beneficial with respect to your Assessment Mark, which constitutes 50% of your final mark in a subject, meaning you can expect favourable Assessment Marks, particularly if your rank is high, thanks to the moderation process.
Alright, thank you. Also, its about time you got moderator role! Congrats jimmysmith560

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)