Ranking (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
if i am ranked 1st in all of my sibjects and have been getting 85%-95% in everything all year (adv eng, ext eng, mathematics, bio, chem and pdhpe) and i get averages of 80's in all my HSC exams (because its not going so well so far)
does that mean that i go ok because im ranked first or that i go badly and everyone else at my school goes worse than me.
i need 93uai and im getting really worried

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you are ranked 1st in all your subjects, then you will receive the 1st exam mark in each subject as your moderated assessment mark. This mark doesn't necessarily have to be yours. This moderated assessment mark will be averaged with your own exam mark to get the final mark used to calculate UAI. The fact that you are ranked 1st will help to pull up your poorer exam marks to a point (e.g. if you get an aligned mark of 80 in an exam and the top mark is 94, your final mark is the average of 80 (your exam mark) and 94 (the top mark for your rank 1) - 87.

Remember too that UAI is not the only entry to university. If you don't make 93, then you can apply to begin a course with a lower UAI cut off at the uni you want to, say a Bachelor of Arts. Then, if you do really well in the first year of that degree, you should be able to apply to join the course you previously wanted, and if you've done well enough, the uni should happily transfer you over. Don't get too stressed if you don't get the UAI you need because there are alternative entry routes into your course of choice. :)

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)