ranking?! trials...... (1 Viewer)

asn_princess

so what you guys are trying to tell us is that its not the assessment marks really its how we're ranked in school that counts?! ........ ?great! :mad:

so, get this....if i do really, really, really.....bad in all my subjects now then i will get a bad school thingee....

then for example, if i do really really good in my trials and come top for at least half of them....does that cover up my previous bad marks? :( :confused:

:argue:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
?????????????? that post was so confusing its not funny.

The way I understand it (and Im sure Laz can correct me if Im wrong) is that your ranks are more important than your assessment marks. Gaining a high ranking means your overall marks rely more on how you perform in the exams, not depending on everyone else.

So basically, try and get as highly ranked as possible without stressing too much over your marks.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by asn_princess
if i do really really good in my trials and come top for at least half of them....does that cover up my previous bad marks? :( :confused:
well, the beauty of the system is that in order to get high rankings, u have to do well throughout the year. If u happen to cane the trials, ur ranking might improve ONLY if most other ppl stuffed up the trials...coz if everyone else did well, then that doesn't really help u does it?

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hmmm, i belive it is possible to make up for bad marks.
EG. I did really bad in Eng but later improved my ranking by 9 plces.......
Just try ur best, knowing that u gave it all u can.:)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by lillaila
Hmmm, i belive it is possible to make up for bad marks.
EG. I did really bad in Eng but later improved my ranking by 9 plces.......
Just try ur best, knowing that u gave it all u can.:)
Congrats!

Yeah I wasn't saying that it's not possible, rather its a bit risky, because if u do really well in trials to make up for bad marks, but everyone else does well in the trials as well, ur ranking will obviously not improve

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Thanks!
Maybe because others did worse this time.
You shouldn't work knowing you'll get a bad mark and later making up 4 it because you're not giving it all you've got.
If you kno wat i mean: aim for the moon, even if you fall you'll land among the stars.
I hope that fitted in :)

*Remember you're not the only one. Someone's always behind you :)

asn_princess

thank you everyone... that does seem to make me feel more relaxed....

and congratulations lillaila...i'd love to be in your shoes right now

by the way...say i feel as if a teacher is discriminating against me, and he seems to always give me the last marks even though i pretty much wrote the same thing as the person that came second....what should i do..

cos i've tried discussing this issue with another teacher, but she seems heistant about my issue...

and i feel as if this certain teacher is gonna rank me down again on purpose in the trials....and i really really cant afford that....

please help

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by asn_princess
by the way...say i feel as if a teacher is discriminating against me, and he seems to always give me the last marks even though i pretty much wrote the same thing as the person that came second....what should i do..
Speak to someone higher than them about it. The subject coordinator, or the curriculum coordinator, or your deputy principal...

asn_princess

i guess that is a option.....

by the way when we sit the trials are we expected to write our names on the cover page or our number....cos i do reckon sitting it as if we're sitting the hsc would be an advantage at the time being....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Speak to someone higher than them about it. The subject coordinator, or the curriculum coordinator, or your deputy principal...
or your mentor (if your school has that)

Ebonics

Well for me since half yearlies, i've dropped 3 ranks down to 8 for english. It's mostly because alot of people have started to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)