Rank (1 Viewer)

Bandit

I know our marks don't have any effect on the end result of IT exam, but does our rank?

Cos i'm first lol... :) I think it means nothing to me unless I get sick.

Supaneo

hey! im first in this course at my school as well...

but only out of 6.... my assessment mark was 90

how many do it at urs and what was ur mark?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
we had 2 assessment for year 12
an essay question and the trial
but we got these little projects we have to complete for the course

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I dont think your rank in the school means JACK.

You could be tops at the subject and get a teacher who marks u really hard. The go into the HSC and blitz it.

Or you could get top rank at your school cause your teacher is an easy marker in the trial. Then go into the HSC and get totally blown away as to how hard it is.

You school shouldn't mark you on your work you should only get a competent result. No high, medium, low competent just competent. No marks. The your teacher should give you a report based on knowledge skills and attitude.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
You school shouldn't mark you on your work you should only get a competent result. No high, medium, low competent just competent. No marks. The your teacher should give you a report based on knowledge skills and attitude.
yea, i think thats for my teacher too..for the past 2yrs for every assessments we handed to him he either tells us its competent or not...
and even if its competent, he tells us where to improve on...

Bandit

Ah ok. Well, we get competant or not, but like we got tested in the half yearly's and trials and get marks back for that.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
the half yearly and trial are match practice. Yes you should get marks back so u know where to improve but the marks shouldn't count to an assessment rank and nothing is submitted to the board of studies as far as marks go. Only the competencies that u have achieved are sent.

The only reason you sit the trial is so that u can get a uai if you have a misadventure before the HSC and cant sit the exam.

Dont think that u can get one just by breaking your arm or having a car accident they are really harsh.

^___^
HSC
hm..yea, we have this guy came first in IT...and we all know that it was a random guy picked from a hat :D:D:D

and why do i know? cos i got a similari award in the half yr assembly :D:D:D

Bandit

Ok well I will just have to study hard before the IT exam. I have an 8 day gap before it to study! It's so hard though, the "books" we have at school are tafe home schooling things... they annoy me. There is something about them that just screams irrelevant.

^___^
HSC
wow!!

matrix...

now u got me wanting to watch matrix reloaded(yes, haven't watched it yet)...and revolution

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
saw reloaded on SVCD gunna see revolution on the big screen
i might see both on TV...soon ;)

uh oh..did i just get myself into trouble..

*runs away*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)