Rank 1 internals=Rank 1 final? (1 Viewer)

avi888

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Guys,

Some people have been telling me if rank 1 gets a lower external mark than rank 2, he will still get the higher hsc final mark, can someone please explain to me how this works, and what extent to this works.

Thanks in advance,

Axio

=o
HSC
Rank 1:

Examination mark: his own exam mark
Assessment mark: the best exam mark in his cohort

Rank 2:

Examination mark: his own exam mark
Assessment mark: receives second best assessment mark in cohort, but not necessarily equal to the second best examination mark.

So either rank could end up with the higher overall mark depending on how they go in the exams

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Hi Guys,

Some people have been telling me if rank 1 gets a lower external mark than rank 2, he will still get the higher hsc final mark, can someone please explain to me how this works, and what extent to this works.

Thanks in advance,
If you're ranked one but you don't score the highest exam mark then you will get the highest exam mark in your cohort as your assessment mark and your final hsc mark will be calculated from the average of your assessment mark(highest exam mark from your cohort) and your exam mark.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
So much for the 'validity' of HSC. Some teachers in my school are overly biased towards students.

tyzzefloro

HSC
so true... got a new teacher because old one became sick > ruined my rank in ancient > 2nd > 7th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)