Random facts about your stories. (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Well, to get the ball rolling considering this forum seems to have become a bucket of mollasses (you're all off writing I imagine) I figured we'd get around to shedding some information just for the sake of curiosity.

And no I'm not sure how to spell 'mollasses'. I don't know if that metaphor even works but thats besides the point. Answer these at your own whim.

1. What's the title of your story?

2. What's the name of one of the main characters?

3.Is/are they guys/girls?

4. What is one setting/location?

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick?

6. Whats the time period?

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre.

---

1. Centerboard

2. Paul

3. Mainly guys, should fix that gender inequality up.

4. "A small Pacific island 200 miles south of Japan"

5. Historical fiction

6. 1919 - current.

7. Yes/No/No/No/No

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Good idea.

1. The Crowd

2. Todd

3. Both, though not too many concrete characters as yet.

4. A shopping centre

5. Humorous / Action-Adventure / Sociological Explorative [If this really counts a a genre, :p ]

6. Modern Day

7. Not as yet, though some sound intriguing, I'm sure I can slip them in :)

Emph

HSC
1. Friggin' hell! A title will come after i have written the stupid thing.

2. Virginia, leonard, octavia, etc

3. Both

4. The deep recess of a manic-depressive mind.

5. Post modernist(ish)

6. Whats the time period? March 28th, 1941

7. Not so far, but if you want i can try and work them in?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
"Thats" should have an Apostrophe in it!
Hey, I do extension english 2, thereby giving me the right to create any word(s) which I so deem. So don't go snazzwupping me on my grammar again!

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
ScottyG said:
I do extension english 2, thereby giving me the right to create any word(s) which I so deem.
!

I didn't know we were allowed to do that! Why didn't anybody Flipdorfin tell me before?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
orange_blob said:
!

I didn't know we were allowed to do that! Why didn't anybody Flipdorfin tell me before?
I know, I can fully emphathise with that. Flipdorfin administration.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
1. Working title is 'Triptych'... for now...

2. The Painter

3. A guy, a girl, and an IT.

4. An unknown battlefield, probably in China near Nanjing, where the fighting had moved on and the injured are dying and groaning along in pain... oh, so delightfully morbid ^__^

5. Science-fiction, philosophical, post-modernish?

6. Mid 1930s - mid 1940s; indefinite; and present day

7. No, no, no, no, and no! ....Hmm, looking at them now, I could really use one or two of them... ^__^

Neea

HSC
Wow, you guys all seem prepared. Am I the only one who doesn't know what the hell she's doing????

ARGHH!!
:bomb:

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Neea said:
Wow, you guys all seem prepared. Am I the only one who doesn't know what the hell she's doing????

ARGHH!!
Calm down, eh? I'm sure you have an idea, maybe just try writing anything and see how it comes out, and go on from there.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
"Thats" should have an Apostrophe in it!
also, there shouldn't be an 's' in besides'.

"...but thats[sic] besides[sic] the point."

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
EATAPIE said:
also, there shouldn't be an 's' in besides'.
Scotty, I think you should be seriously considering whether you are up to undertaking this level of english. Mistakes of this nature will not be taken lightly in the future.

:p

*checks post for grammatical mistakes*
*finds none*
*gets scared*

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
People, people.

Those are not grammatical errors, rather, they are a technique I have deliberately employed to heat up your synapsi and collective brains, to pay more attention to whatever it is (of course, it will be important) I have to say.

So, it's time for new and even more riviting questions, each more incomprehensible and unoriginal than the last.

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value).

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc.

3) Over how many years does your story span?

4) How many characters die?

5) What was the previous name for your story?

6) How many main characters have you utilised?

7) How many sub characters have you utilised?

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story?

9) Does your story take place in both night and day?

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid.

---

1) Third person.

2) Serious.

3) 1919 to the present, so 76 years.

4) Two.

5) A Fragile Grey

6) Two.

7) Five.

8) Plant: Japanese Maple. Animal: none.

9) Yes, both night and day.

10) Yes/No/No/No/No

Emph

HSC
1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? All of the above. (figure that one out). Do I get the money?

2) What is the general tone of your story? depressive and psychotic

3) Over how many years does your story span? No years, no months, no weeks. My entire story takes up one day.

4) How many characters die? So far one. Might kill off a few more though.

5) What was the previous name for your story? Previous name? Do I even have one?!

6) How many main characters have you utilised? Well one main charatcer I guess

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? Not sure yet... probably about six?

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? Elm tree.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? Mainly day time... but if you count the early hours of the morning as nght- well night too.

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. Those words are not as original as last time. These words have not been used yet... but my story is morbid, one of the characters might have some stubble, i am using subtle allusions, some objects in my story might be gigantic and well at the moment my story is invisible. Happy?

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? First and third person.

2) What is the general tone of your story? Sombre, serious, and mind-bending(I hope). Oh, also, one part is sexual.

3) Over how many years does your story span? None of them span over any set of years - one is a few days, though it jumps in between the present, past and future, while another has indefinite time, while the last goes for a few hours.

4) How many characters die? So far, one. Not including all the non essential characters.

5) What was the previous name for your story? 'A blind man in a dark room searching for a black hat which isn't there' - Lord Bowen. Pretty long-winded, though.

6) How many main characters have you utilised? Three.

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? Two

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? Um... no idea. ^_^;

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? ....Yes...

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. Stubble, morbid and invisible.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Emph said:
10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. Those words are not as original as last time. These words have not been used yet... but my story is morbid, one of the characters might have some stubble, i am using subtle allusions, some objects in my story might be gigantic and well at the moment my story is invisible. Happy?
Less original = more likely to be in people's stories. I have no idea how you've managed to incorporate 3 view structures into your short story, but I imagine you've got the skill to do it!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person?
First and third.. guess I won't be getting any money LOL
2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc.
serious, a bit depressive at times since it is about child abuse, but also humourous in the beginning
It takes place in one day but it contains flashbacks to the 1930s
4) How many characters die?
The protagonist's family...
5) What was the previous name for your story?
"Damaged Goods"
6) How many main characters have you utilised?
1 maybe
A Pink Euodia tree
Day for the present and night for some of the flashbacks
10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid.
ermm invisible probably

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
ScottyG said:
they are a technique I have deliberately employed to heat up your synapsi and collective brains
ScottyG utilises the technique of grammatical "errors" to promote disscussion, aswell as to make him seem more of a down to earth person, and he does this well to express the theme of writing short fiction in his posts. His omission of the apostrophe in "thats" [sic] makes him seem more approachable, and thus helps to increase the number of replies in his threads.

:p

1) Third person.

2) Humourous with serious undertones.

4) hmm.... good idea

5) ...always been the crowd, but has been different actual stories.

6) One.

ScottyG said:

Thes questions are getting far to specific for my liking [ie. for the amount of writing I've done]

Emph

HSC
ScottyG said:
Less original = more likely to be in people's stories. I have no idea how you've managed to incorporate 3 view structures into your short story, but I imagine you've got the skill to do it!
Thank you for your faith in me. When I am done you can read how I have put all three points of view together...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)