Ramadan 1428 (1 Viewer)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Yes.

"Everyone else does it" is not a valid excuse for stupidity.

It's not a big deal... I don't care what you do... just don't try and make it out like you are in control of your own life because you are clearly not.
aLis is so right....
That is the thing i am in control of my life thats why i CHOSE to practise my religion and i CHOSE to believe in islam. Such things as alcohol, drugs etc are not appealing at all to me because i choose not to take any and also my religion doesnt allow it so im happy to be muslim. So hence i have total control of my life.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Choosing to allow yourself be told what to do does not mean you are controlling your own life.

If you are religious you do not have control of your own life.

fattii

HSC
aLIS said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Ok iamsikofyr12 i understand where your coming from; but ofcourse dont agree with you. I am guessing you're an atheist as many choose to follow atheism as they "dont want to be controlled by an unseen".
I think this discussion should end here or be taken to another thread where thing could be cleared up, as this is a 'ramadan' thread.

Before ending i just want to clearly point out to you that although we follow the rules of God, its doesnt mean we are living this life blindly, but yes we do also and must control ourselves. how do i control myself:

- firstly, I chose to follow the way of life of islam

- I choose to make the hereafter my main concern rather than this transcient inevitably ending life.

- It is most definately not stupidity. As I and many others who have embraced this complete religion have either tried atheism, christianity, buddhism, judaism etc before or deeply researched each religion to see which stands out in truth. We controlled ourselves by evaluating each religion and deciding which way we want to control our own lives. i accepted islam as it is the only religion that stood out as pure, flawless, perfect and truly divine.

- and most definately the "everyone else does it" approach does NOT apply here at all. If i do what everyone else does... i would most probably not be a practising muslim (remember there are practising and not practising in every religion). Some aspect of the religion need strength and if i was not controlling myself i would choose escape and simply 'not do it' like some others. those who have lack of self-control yet follow their own desires would most likely not fast, not pray, not give charity etc. And im generalising here, but most of the times their lives are out of order.. as they are presumedly "controlling themselves"

This is an issue with many angles, perspectives etc. Just a reminder to remain patient

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE..

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Choosing to allow yourself be told what to do does not mean you are controlling your own life.

If you are religious you do not have control of your own life.
Well im muslim and i try to do the best i can + if you belive in a religion then u too will see that the things your religion does or does not allow are correct, hence you are in control.
So stop posting things about control, No matter what you say i will not agree with you.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
Well im muslim and i try to do the best i can + if you belive in a religion then u too will see that the things your religion does or does not allow are correct, hence you are in control.
So stop posting things about control, No matter what you say i will not agree with you.
Believing in your religion also doesn't make you in control.

Of course you aren't going to admit that you aren't in control of your own life. That doesn't make you right.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Believing in your religion also doesn't make you in control.

Of course you aren't going to admit that you aren't in control of your own life. That doesn't make you right.
Looks like you will never understand. What is your religion?

beentherdunthat

HSC
Ramadan mubarakk Peoples!!! All the best. How's everything coming along.

Tanjii (to all your posts) - No COMMENT.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Good luck I wish u all the best! :)

eat enough and dun overexert ureselves

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
Looks like you will never understand. What is your religion?
No, I understand perfectly. It's you that doesn't understand, which makes sense because your position is influenced by the fact that you are religious. You are not objective at all.

I don't have a religion.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's not a big deal... I don't care what you do... just don't try and make it out like you are in control of your own life because you are clearly not.
a religious person cant be in control of their lives?
are we being controlled by our government?
do you pay taxes?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
onebytwo said:
do you pay taxes?
No

Yes. People are controlled by their government, but not to the same extent.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
No, I understand perfectly. It's you that doesn't understand, which makes sense because your position is influenced by the fact that you are religious. You are not objective at all.

I don't have a religion.
No you dont understand, a person with no religion has a very different view of life to a person who follows a religion. What do you mean by control? are you saying i should just go kill, drugs, alcohol? cause i seriously hate that stuff i dont even go out to places like clubs, pubs or whatever i HATE it because i choose to hate it.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
No you dont understand, a person with no religion has a very different view of life to a person who follows a religion. What do you mean by control? are you saying i should just go kill, drugs, alcohol? cause i seriously hate that stuff i dont even go out to places like clubs, pubs or whatever i HATE it because i choose to hate it.
Yes, a person with no religion has a very different view of life to a person who does, and you are saying this to prove what exactly?

I mean you don't make your own decisions. Everything you do is controlled by your religion and what it says you should do and what it considers to be acceptable.

I very much doubt that your hatred of drugs and alcohol has absolutely nothing to do with your religion. Even if you are avoiding alcohol and drugs because you choose to, your religion is still the underlying cause of that because it has fundamentally altered your perception of the world.

...and drugs and alcohol are not the only issues. There are plenty of other things you do (or don't do) because of your religion.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Iamsickofyear12 - If you want to fight about religion and establish your stupid views on it, coz you think you're Mr.KnowItAll, go make a thread for it. This is the RAMADAN thread. Not HEYYOURRELIGIOniSAFALLACY thread. FUCK MAN.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Iamsickofyear12 - If you want to fight about religion and establish your stupid views on it, coz you think you're Mr.KnowItAll, go make a thread for it. This is the RAMADAN thread. Not HEYYOURRELIGIOniSAFALLACY thread. FUCK MAN.
Fuck off.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
onebytwo said:
do you pay taxes?
they choose to do it themselves by choosing to be part of the religion. the exit is over there, now leave.

to all my muslim brothers out there, i honestly envy your bravery and determination. there is no way on earth i can go without water or food for anything more than 4 hours, no way. hence, you have my utmost respect in that regard.

although i did do the 40hour famine a couple of years, and it was hell.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Yes, a person with no religion has a very different view of life to a person who does, and you are saying this to prove what exactly?

I mean you don't make your own decisions. Everything you do is controlled by your religion and what it says you should do and what it considers to be acceptable.

I very much doubt that your hatred of drugs and alcohol has absolutely nothing to do with your religion. Even if you are avoiding alcohol and drugs because you choose to, your religion is still the underlying cause of that because it has fundamentally altered your perception of the world.

...and drugs and alcohol are not the only issues. There are plenty of other things you do (or don't do) because of your religion.
Maybe i follow my religion because it expresses my personality, what can you say about that? My religion suits my personality and characteristics and i truly believe in it correctness. I really dont know what you mean by doing other things which i cant due to my religion. I seriously dont know? are you talkign about pork? thats the only thing i can think of. Can i tell u that pork is not allowed in my religion but it wasnt just plainly said it was denied. Pork has a lot harmful things which affect your health and this was proven by the kuran and today by non believing scientist. That is just one of many many examples of why we dont do certain things.

Im very happy the way i am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)