• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Radioisotopes in industry and medicine (1 Viewer)

atakach99

HSC
I am having trouble making a prepared answer for this 7 mark HSC question on Radioisotopes.

There are many benefits and problems associated with the use of radioisotpes in industry and medicine.

Evaluate the impact on society of the use of radioisotopes in both industry and medicine. In your answer, give examples of specific radioisotopes, making reference to their chemical properties.

If anyone has a prepeared answer that they used in the HSC could they pls post it as I would like to compare it with my own answer.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
we used this in question in a topic test last week lol. Just remember to talk about problems and benefits because my teacher said mine was excellent - one of 2 best in the class actually but we did not include any problems in our evaluation so could only get 5 out of 7. otherwise, just know your isotopes back to front and make a judgement on how good they are

vizman

HSC
firstly you'd discuss the benefits and problems in general.
then link to example one - medical radioisotope
and then link to example two - industrial radioisotope

s.x.c.curry

HSC
hi
umm my teacher did the hardest radioisotope:vcross: and i can't find much info i was wonderin if any1 could help me its on iridium 192 if any1 has ever done it before plz i nedd HELP
thanks
s.x.c.curry

powerdrive

HSC
s.x.c.curry said:
hi
umm my teacher did the hardest radioisotope:vcross: and i can't find much info i was wonderin if any1 could help me its on iridium 192 if any1 has ever done it before plz i nedd HELP
thanks
s.x.c.curry
theres not enough good info on that. do another one, ur teacher cant make u do it. ur not gonna be able to answer a 7 marker properly with that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)