radiohead cancel melbourne show (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
im just talking to mcdickpants, he's in melbourne to see the show, and the arena reps have just come out and said thom's voice is fucked and there will be no more shows and no chance of rescheduling
heavy

i guess we can count ourselves lucky

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What! A girl I work with travelled all the way to Melb to see Radiohead... that sucks!

im not joking when i say this is the worst thing thats ever happened to me. the thing that really cuts me is all the americans shitting their pants that radiohead will cancel coachella (which they wont, re: $$$), like america doesnt get radiohead for 5 months every fucking tour.

lucyinthehole

yeah....why don't bands ever come here? well, except every 6 years or something. (like wherethefuck have weezer been huh?)
and yes, i know the answer to that (just not worth it, apparently), but it doesn't make it any less annoying

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
er, bands do come to australia, it's just radiohead which have shunned australia for the past 6 years

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
cancelling the show screwed over alot of people, i remember hearing that triple j ran this big competition where you get to meet the band etc.. and were going to broadcast the concert live.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah, the JJJ girl who won the competition actually did meet radiohead, but only by chance.. JJJ put the competition winner in the same hotel as radiohead or something.

and they played some old live stuff with just thom yorke and jonny greenwood from like ages ago.

people didn't care about the cost of the ticket, it was the cost of airfares, accomodation.. the heartache of waiting 6 years to see your favourite band and then not.. and how they are still playing at the coachella festival in the us ...

sucked in to american fuckwits, they were belting off over how awesome radioheads setlist would be at coachella, and it was a very standard setlist.
but then again they also got to see the cure, the pixies, mogwai and franz ferdinand.
not fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)