Radiohead Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

joe1016

HSC
the bends is good, but i cant go past OK computer.

It may be cliched but it really is one of the best albums of all time. (closely followed by the bends)

you cannot beat:

Karma police
Let Down
No Surprises
Paranoid Android
Electioneering
Airbag
Tourist
Exit Music
Climbing up the walls
Subteranean Homesick alien
shit all of the songs on the damn record kick ass

Q for libertine, where are you getting the recordings of the new songs?????? i would love to hear them but my computer sux balls.

bonnie04

HSC
favourite rh song of all time;
climbing up the walls.
the instrumental bit at exactly 1:38 till the end of the song. wooah.

joe1016

HSC
hey guys, have any of you been hearing the new radiohead songs?????
are they not the most awesomest awesomeness ever?

i love 4 minute warning and 15 step. cant stop listening to them.

anyhoo, the site i am using to get the bootlegs is www.lders.nl

its got about three full concerts from their current europe tour and then hjalf a dozen songs from their other gigs on the same tour. most of it is awesome quality too. have fun with it all!

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'm not very keen on the direction they've been going in. People have been telling me Thom Yorke's "The Eraser" is pure wank, and I really dislike Hail To the Thief.

But nevertheless, great band, can't go past OK Computer and Kid A

nwatts

HSC
Yeah i've been pretty disappointed with The Eraser. Considering Radiohead pretty much define music for me (no flames now, just my call) this came as a disappointment. Doesn't hold a candle to anything else, really. Doesn't have that richness I love in Radiohead. Could grow on me, but I don't think so.

I've been downloading a whole stack of bootlegs from their latest gigs around the place. They're playing some ace new material. Check out this webforum if you're interested - http://www.mortigitempo.com/too_bored/index.php?

daledugahole

HSC
I have to say The Bends and Ok Computer are my favourite of their albums but I also love Kid A and Hail to the Theif, for some reason I just don't like Amnesiac as much as the others. I don't own Pablo Honey, is it worth getting?

Anyone a fan of Christopher O'Reilys the pianist that plays Radiohead music? I saw him in concert in January, he was amazing. I especially love his version of Exit Music (For A Film). I also have Strung Out, a string quartet version of Radiohead, it's really good as well.

avenueoftrees

Electro Boy
HSC
speaking of the bends, was anyone else highly distressed by jamie cullums cover of high and dry??????????? ages ago, but i still haven't healed.

bassguy

HSC
boo pablo honey
nothing compared to their other stuff
i think ok computer is the best one, but the bends and hail to the thief are both good too
and hail to the thief is possibly the best album name ever

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
katietheskatie said:
you should probably be even more distressed that hanson covered optimistic
hahahaha do you have an mp3 of this cover? i MUST hear this.
as for the jaimie cullum cover...roflmao at his attempts to do a falsetto..actually in all honesty it isnt funny..its painful to listen to.

hail to the thief isn't as crap as everyone makes out. though some parts of it are rubbish - "the gloaming", "we suck young blood" and "backdrifts" - songs like A Wolf at the Door and There There are as good as anything the group have done.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
That cover is absolutely disgraceful, mainly because of the guy's voice. He just tries so hard in it. Terrible stuff, really.

The main feeling that I get from the Hail to the Thief album, is just that they are trying too hard. One of the main reasons I don't listen to Radiohead as much as I used to is how through their later music and dead air space posts on their website is that it just seems that they take themselves a bit too seriously now with their position as one of the worlds biggest bands. Thom in particular. Hail to the Thief just seems so manufactured and the anti-Bush theme I find to be a bit lame.

Of course there are good songs on it, ie. There There but I just think it's an overly ambitious and pretentious record so it doesn't adhere together as well as the other albums.

The only two albums I really care for (and I did REALLY care for them bout two years back) were OK Computer and Kid A. I haven't listened to them in months though, they are really great albums, perhaps a bit overhyped but quite quality. I seemed to have burnt out on both of them, I used to listen to them perhaps at least twice through everyday :(

daledugahole

HSC
Hehe I'm actually listening to Ok Computer now.

I really like Hail to the Thief in particular I love 2+2=5 and Go to Sleep. I think it is hard to top Ok Computer it is their definative album.

HSC
libertine said:
hahahaha do you have an mp3 of this cover? i MUST hear this.
as for the jaimie cullum cover...roflmao at his attempts to do a falsetto..actually in all honesty it isnt funny..its painful to listen to.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOT4953Z
i don't think it's THAT bad .. taylor's vocals get a bit much, and they kinda hanson-ised :)confused:) it with the harmonies and shit, but i don't mind it apart from the screaming.

i don't mind backdrifts actually, i think i'm one of the only people that actually likes that song

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
katietheskatie said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MOT4953Z
i don't think it's THAT bad .. taylor's vocals get a bit much, and they kinda hanson-ised :)confused:) it with the harmonies and shit, but i don't mind it apart from the screaming.

i don't mind backdrifts actually, i think i'm one of the only people that actually likes that song
It's ok and is pretty representative of the whole album ie. drenched in political backwash, paranoia and kind of catchy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)