Racism in Australia (1 Viewer)

Honestly, have you ever felt racially prejudiced against whilst you were in Aus?

• Never

Votes: 29 23.4%
  • Yes, but it was a one-off thing

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Yes, a number of times

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Yes, i deal with it somewhat constantly

Votes: 23 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jiga

NYE and Racial Attacks

Im guessing this is a 'current affair'. On NYE one of my friends and I were 'attacked' on racial grounds. We were walking to get a good vantage point of the fireworks when I noticed a group of like 10 fobs had grabbed a friend of mine, so I went back to see what the problem was and then they grabbed me! They were prity much saying the same thing to both of us, the general gist of their 'attack' was that my friend and then somehow I had said something about them :rolleyes:. Well I can assure you that my friend didnt (We aint friggen stupid, a group of 10 fobs against 5 of us), and I certainly didnt because I was only going back to see what the problem was. In any case, they wanted us to say sorry, which I did, and even then it took abit to they released me and then eventually my friend. What really shytes me about this is that they are only using the racial bullshit to terrorise decent people like myself and that they are that cowardly that a group had to 'attack' us....I had like 3 guys on me and I aint even big! Anyone has any racially motivated encounters?

I do count myself lucky though, I already had a couple of drinks to my name so I was in a state of 'contentment' and was only focused on seeing the fireworks....if I hadnt drunk, I more than likely would have got in a fight from trying to get free and ended up being stabbed or bashed :(. Also of note, the lack of police presence at the area I was at, when I was at Darling harbour their were groups of 20 cops per 50 metres..... yet where the altercation took place I saw NO cops at all :rolleyes:. Also of note, one of my other friends was grabbed by a cop by the neck (!!!) because he made a comment that was totally unrelated to the police guy but he must have SOMEHOW taken offence to it, abusing his powers as a cop :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yeh a friend of mine got into a punch up with some leb guy in circular quay/the rocks area.
It was just a 1 on 1 so pretty fair i reckon, i wasn't there but i was told afterwards when we tried calling him coz we lost him behind.

Hehe i have this jewish friend but he looks full lebanese (arabic), we we're just making like being all tough and play fighting then the cops came so we were like "oh we're just giving friendly hugs you see".

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
One time at study camp i was being racist and this group of asians and greeks picked me up and carried me into the foyer and punched me in the arm really hard and then tickled me :(

I felt so violated.
lmao id feel dire too.

im surprised that the group involved were fobs, since they dont have any involvement in this in the least.

sly fly

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
One time at study camp i was being racist and this group of Asians and Greeks picked me up and carried me into the foyer and punched me in the arm really hard and then tickled me :(

I felt so violated.

and then they sent this Asian girl away to get her lipstick, an she put it on really heavily and then kissed me all over the face while they held me down :( so i was raped too.

And then the head teacher just laughed at me. I felt like a wet cat, cold and trembling in the corner. *cries*
ROFL they tickled you? And how is her kissing you rape? :rolleyes:

phizzy

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
One time at study camp i was being racist and this group of Asians and Greeks picked me up and carried me into the foyer and punched me in the arm really hard and then tickled me :(

I felt so violated.

and then they sent this Asian girl away to get her lipstick, an she put it on really heavily and then kissed me all over the face while they held me down :( so i was raped too.

And then the head teacher just laughed at me. I felt like a wet cat, cold and trembling in the corner. *cries*
poor diddums. that happened to a friend of mine once, but he didn't call it rape, he called it 'azin lovin'

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:

I felt so violated.

If I ever go to a study camp, I know what to do.

yy

HSC
N/A
reverse discrimination?

with all the talks of racism, i am wondering have you experienced or known a discrimination where the intention seems to be good, yet the underlying assumption was a patronising tone.
for example, an aboriginal man received a lighter sentence for sexual assault, because of his cultural background (isn't that assuming that aboriginal culture tolerate sexual assault?). or one of my friend was offered ESL course simply because she looked asian, even though she was born here and english was the only language she knew.
what's your thoughts on that?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Is this the aboriginal who received a few months (iirc) for assaulting and raping an underage girl?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Lundy said:
* Indigenous Australian ;)
* Ape
[comment]if anyone's gonna attack me over that he's an ape for his actions, not his race[/comment]

X

xeuyrawp

withoutaface said:
* Ape
[comment]if anyone's gonna attack me over that he's an ape for his actions, not his race[/comment]
bahahah.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:

I felt so violated.

if you call that rascism then you have issues, - that more like bullying lol.

australia is quite good on racism, especially compared to sri lanka and india. India is particulary its diverse cultures means there are riotes and mass violence at least once a month. Bombings occur regularly etc. Australia on the other hand is like a peanut in terms of rascism. Sri lanks have troubles with esinhalese and tamils fighting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)