Racial Hate Groups? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
nono, we flame her down because she is her. Not because of the threads she makes (although, that does play a role)

EDIT: whoa, should refresh before replying, huh

timrie6

HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
Feel the love of Newcastle students! A person is concered about a story reported in the media and you all shout her down and call her retarded.

Please Please. Don't get anymore defensive!

Even if it had been dealt with by the university, people may be concerned - it's clear that many of you are concerned evidenced by 10000% defensiveness.

Grow up.

What was wrong with that? It's made up of a few questions and one generallist opinion (which many people would agree with).

All she gets in responses are angry people who can't deal with a issue that was not asked in a way to piss you off. She never said that all prople at Newcastle uni were racist. She never made any assertions. She asked questions.
*nods* well said

hipsta_jess said:
nono, we flame her down because she is her. Not because of the threads she makes (although, that does play a role)

EDIT: whoa, should refresh before replying, huh
and because you (EDIT:and your friends) get some kind of sick amusement (power trip)from putting people down behind an anonymous computer identity, with no chance of consequences

thecurtainfalls said:
timrie - the media usually does blow things out of proportion, it's a small proportion of thousands that form these so called "racial hate groups". i think what caused all the flaming from other board members was your comment of "Racism part of the landscape?", you made it seem like it was a majority of newcastle uni students are racist and like it was an everyday thing. there's always some degree of racism wherever you go for uni, not just newcastle. there's even a group like that patriotic youth league thing at UNSW!
i wouldn't know about newcastle uni as i don't go there (yet) but i tihnk you offended newcastle uni students by generalising and digging up old matters that most likely have been dealt with.
ahhh ok, well 'racism is part of the landscape' is a quote from the article.
And I present it as a question, not an accusation.

I heard about it ages ago, and then again recently on the radio so I thought, seeing this is a discussion board, I would ask.

It's good to see I've finally got some helpful answers rather than criticism so thankyou for that.

heyyawatever said:
Did I miss something? What did this t imrie character do to attract such angry replies?

*confused*
good question

Comrade nathan said:
This group has been active for awhile, a non mainstream magazine and political Trot group Resistence have published a few articles about this group, its jsut not eh mainstream that have taken worry to this group.

This white nationalist group is called the Patriotic Youth League.

They have been recently posting out anti Sundanese leaflets.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~youth_league/mainframe.html

There organisation is meant to be small, but there support is something unknown.

The PYL are planing on having some demostration about the Sudanese refugees and Resitence are playing on a counter demostration. Im not sure if any other groups are planing on joining but usally the Trots take over everything. If you want details how to attend this counter demostration you can PM and i will send you a email with all the detials

timrie6 was good to point this out as it doesnt matter how little these groups, they start from a small base and build out. The problem is these groups are extremly violent even if they are a small organisation. Groups like these should be addresed and dealt with quickly before morons start joining them.
thankyou everyone with helpful replies, I appreciate it

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
timrie6 said:
and because you get some kind of sick amusement (power trip)from putting people down behind an anonymous computer identity, with no chance of consequences
timrie6 said:
shutup hoe
. . .

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
aj_number_10 said:
back off u bitches
if i c u guys giving timrie a hard time anymore there is gonna be trouble. u guys better stop or wen it comes to campus time im gonna be walking round lookin 4 ure asses
Arses? I heard that they didn't like homosexuals at Newi either, or was that down at the Gong? Either way AJ don't prowl for mansex on these boards please.

BTW, That article listed violence against blacks, asians etc but who's to say that it all racial. If a black man is beaten up on a train - its a racially based attack, while if a white man is beaten up on a train.. well that's just normal :p

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
timrie6 said:
and because you (EDIT:and your friends) get some kind of sick amusement (power trip)from putting people down behind an anonymous computer identity, with no chance of consequences
I said before I'm happy to meet up. I'm sure Jess would meet you too, she'd choke your ass out in 20 seconds.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
since when did this thread get serious... and since when are there a whole heap of other people jumping in on a long running disagreement???

if you'll have a look at earlier posts you will notice that timrie has some issue with newcastle... (something about guys exposing themselves on public transport i seem to remember??) and also notice that we novocastrians are merely trying to protect our University from the crap that the media (and timrie) spit at it... is there a law against having pride in something??

please people.. understand the whole story.. don't just jump in on the end with ill-founded judgements

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
and understand timrie is a stupid bitch with orange hair!

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
seeka said:
yeh i only saw one sticker, on the giant cement pole in the middle of the carpark outside maths. and it was one of those white youth recruitment stickers.
i saw more stickers on promoting racial harmony in the uni than anything else.

i felt nothing racist in the people though.
just a few rotten apples

I saw a few stickers and flyers around campus i souvineered a couple but they later got stolen when i got my wallet stolen :( I thought they were a joke at first. The ones i found were basically massive rants about trotskites taking over our childrens minds and some other entertaining crap about gays and immigrants as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)