Qut.. (1 Viewer)

xoa

HSC
Since there are so few posts in here, I'll give my personal experience of QUT:

I'm studying radiography ('medical imaging') at QUT, and it's excellent. Individual attention, decent resources, the course is very well organised (though the two physics semesters sucked). The cohort is so small, I'm on a first name basis with most of my year. Academic ataff genuinely care about students and keep in touch after graduation.

But people who I've met in the "true" science and business courses are less happy. Heaps of engineering students are upset with a lack of resources and understaffing. Many people feel they don't get value for their money - especially after QUT has ramped up student contributions by the maximum amount. Do your homework before enrolling - visit and see if you're happy with the facilities, meet the staff, and ask some random students for their opinions. Depending on what you study at QUT, you may find it to be very supportive - or impersonal and money grubbing. It might be true for any university I guess.

The Gardens Point campus is in a nice setting - adjacent to the CBD and botanic gardens. The campus itself has a mix of some nice historical buildings, 70's/80's era concrete monstrosities and the strange looking new constructions. The central location of the university attracts many students.

uI

HSC
N/A
Since there are so few posts in here, I'll give my personal experience of QUT:

I'm studying radiography ('medical imaging') at QUT, and it's excellent. Individual attention, decent resources, the course is very well organised (though the two physics semesters sucked). The cohort is so small, I'm on a first name basis with most of my year. Academic ataff genuinely care about students and keep in touch after graduation.
Hello xoa,

I have quite a few questions to ask of you and I'm assuming it is PH38 at QUT but firstly, have you completed your degree?

Personally, I am looking at making a start and have been procrastinating about this Degree for the last 5 years (not joking).

Cheers ;)

iisis

HSC
N/A
My son has just finished his double degree at QUT and it was pretty much decided he would go there from when he was little. We live close by. There have no doubt been some disasters along the way but he is happy enough and is doing a PhD next year at same.

agua.fuego

HSC
I'm in my first year at QUT, doing Creative Writing.
I've had an overall positive experience with it - lecturers are awesome, tutors very helpful, lectures and tutorials relevant and useful for assessment and are also engaging and interesting.
Love it here heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)