Qusetion about Advanced Engineering & Flexible First Year (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was just offered advanced engineering at USyd today, and was wondering if that works with Flexible First Year? Or do I have to pick a particular field of engineering to accept it?

Also, could someone explain the difference between normal and advanced engineering? I honsetly never heard of it before today?

engineering

HSC
N/A
"Advanced engineering" is a series of interdisciplinary subjects (1 each year) which focus on leadership, teamwork, business * entrepreneurial skills.

It is not a set of "harder" subjects.

Read more at http://sydney.edu.au/engineering/futurestudent/advanced_engineering.shtml.

You can do it with any flavour of engineering including flexible first year.

In first year you would enrol in ENGG1061 Advanced Engineering instead of ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1

HSC
Sorry - one more question. I'm planning on doing Flexi First Year Stream A w/ Advanced Mathematics. How do the advanced mathematics units fit into this? I'm on the CUSP page atm (http://cusp.sydney.edu.au/students/view-degree-page/degree_id/336) and I'm not sure: do I still choose "Selected Junior Science Units" myself or are they automatically chosen for me when I choose the advanced mathematics course for the science part of the degree?

engineering

HSC
N/A
All students do math1001 and math1002. If you are doing the advanced maths major in science, you replace these with math1901 and math1902 in Sem 1.

This still leaves you with one subject to fill in Sem 1,which would be another science subject (eh physics etc ) that you are going to count towards your science degree.

It would be a very good idea for you to research possible first year science subjects before your enrolment day next week.

Your helpful academic advisor should explain this to you on enrolment day.

YEMiliee

HSC
Quick and probably stupid question but: I'm enrolling for Civil Eng/Architecture and was offered the Advanced Engineering Program. In my first year, I don't do ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1, so do I do ENGG1061 Advanced Engineering instead of ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1 when I come to it in year 2?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Quick and probably stupid question but: I'm enrolling for Civil Eng/Architecture and was offered the Advanced Engineering Program. In my first year, I don't do ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1, so do I do ENGG1061 Advanced Engineering instead of ENGG1803 Professional Engineering 1 when I come to it in year 2?
Correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)