Quoting within speeches (1 Viewer)

Dark Invoker

HSC
I posted this here because currently I'm working on an assessment relating to this module. However it's more of a general English statement than anything else so my bad for posting in the wrong section (I wouldn't if the library's internet wasn't so slow).

Anyways! I'm writing a speech and wondering how to incorporate quotations within it. We have to hand in a written transcript to the teacher as well as read the speech to the class. Currently, my plan is to give reference to the page of the quote within the transcript however within my speech I will state the quote as if it were my own words.

Do you think that's the way to go about it or will I be marked down for not referencing the page etc. within my speech (as the marking criteria states I need to provide evidence from the texts) despite doing so in my transcript?

Discuss.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think that's the way to go about it or will I be marked down for not referencing the page etc. within my speech (as the marking criteria states I need to provide evidence from the texts) despite doing so in my transcript?
No, you won't be marked down. When the criteria says "evidence from the texts" - that just means quotes, techniques, examples. You don't need page references etc in your speech (or really your transcript either).

In your speech (as you're saying it), you should indicate to the audience when what you are saying is a quote through:
- pausing
- changing your tone slightly
- beginning with, "...when X character says, 'blah blah'" or "...when X composer describes 'blah blah'"

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just make sure that you can provide the page number if the teacher requests it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)