Quote analysis (1 Viewer)

Boz_87

HSC
Hey pplz,

One of my Imaginative Journeys related texts is a quote:

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Im pretty sure its by Francis Bacon but the net churns out at least 3 or 4 other sources, does anyone know for sure or at least a reliable source?

Also apart from the regualtion techniques like emotive language, humour and irony can anybody see another more obscure technique used?

Thanks in advance.

Kutay

University
HSC
can u do a quote for a related text boz?

Try email mr symons, if dont get a relpy on here

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i wouldnt do a quote as a text, unless its the one provided in the stimulus booklet. it doesnt seem safe to me. you also need to write one paragraph on it about its techniques, and i dont think its easy.

Boz_87

HSC
i did it in the Trial and i guess as long as u can relate it it shud be fine. Ill check tho eh. It links with both Coleridge's and this way i can fit wat i wanna say bout the other 4 texts.

bonniejjj

HSC
I wouldn't use a quote as a related text. At all. I think the markers would probably not count it as a related text at all, thus damaging your marks. Rather I would use it as an external quote to support a point, to reinforce your ideas. There is a quote by Joseph Conrad that I use to similar effect "Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life."

So basically, please, by no means use a quote as a related text. There are so many texts to choose from, and there are other short texts you can use, like cartoons or feature articles (I am using a feature article that was in this years CSSA trial.)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yeh I made that mistake in my trials, for Module C I used a quote from Hitler "the greater the lie - the greater the chance it will be believed", which might be great as an opener but not as a dedicated text. My mark was less that desireable for that task

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)