Quitting Wooles!!! (1 Viewer)

GaZ_2004

HSC
hi all,

I am utterly sick of my job and wanna quit it asap, so I am just wondering if anyone knows if a casual employee of Woolworths has to give any advanced notice of their resignation. I know that full time and part time employees have to give 2 weeks notice, but I don't know about casual staff...

thanks in advance

shariken

HSC
It'd be best if you gave them 2 weeks notice as they will be able to find time to replace you and go through the processes of quitting. If you don't want to give them two give them one but give them notice or you may not get a reference for your next job.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it's always very good form to give 2 weeks notice, regardless of whether u are required to or not

binkys

HSC
i was so sick of my local woolworths job that i just handed them a letter. No notice, no nothing.
You dont have to give the notice but if you want to then do it. I was just so sick of the bitchiness and other shit in my store that i had it and walked out asap basically

pete_mate

HSC
i just told them that i found another job, like the night before my shift.

i didnt bother with a resignation letter, but then like a month later i get this letter saying im still emplyoed by them, funny as.

so i go in, and scribble on a torn up piece of paper, "i quit" or something

Skeeta

HSC
Give two weeks. A girl at my work quit (its a small team, theres only about 6 or 7 of us) and basically said "this is my last shift"

It was great for her, but all of us suddenly had to work overtime because there was no-one to cover her. I suppose its different at woolworths because there are many many many more employees, but its common courtesy.

HSC
a girl in my store gave a weeks notice, and had to give a resignation letter to our dept manager. they werent very happy, especially as this meant that she wouldnt be available new years day.
actually, i lie. the were very happy to see the back of her. they just didnt like her weeks notice.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
It's probably best to give notice, walking out early will send the wrong message to future employers.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Casuals technically only have to give an hours notice.. but it is common courtesy.. especially if you put it on your resume and they go "Yeh they just walked out on us after an hours notice"

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

I had the best times at Woolies but I gave all my employers weeks of notice so I can have a nice reference in return.

numbakruncha

HSC
Same-work at woolworths is a golden example of 'you sew what you reap'. If you're unreliable, show up to work late, and dont pull your weight, then what reason does everyone else in the shop have to be nice to you and make the shop a nice place for you?

I really enjoy my work at woolies, and thats because I make myself avaliable for more shifts when i don't have exams. When I have exams the other guys don't (they're all at uni), and vice versa, so I worked their shifts when they had exams and they worked mine for the last 3 weeks when i had exams.

If you have the manager on your side he'll do what he can to sort out the problems you have, but i don't think quitting would be the best option, considering that jobs CAN be hard to come by without qualifications. My advice is to stick it out and resolve problems you have, but you need to realise that change doesn't happen unless YOU put the effort in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)