• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quitting Coles (1 Viewer)

fein

HSC
N/A
How much notice does a casual have to give before quitting Coles btw I don't need a reference from them?

BlackDragon

HSC
Absolutely none. A girl quit after her first day at coles where i work. (lol she wasn't quite cut out for it)

Why are you quiting?
How long have you been there?

yosemite sam

HSC
A casual only has to give like an hours notice when they quit since that can be called in to work with only an hours notice.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
casuals don't have any rules, you just don't go to work, simple as that. don't need to say anything.

but if you think you might want to go back there someday, it might be a good idea to give as much notice as possible. that way if you ask for work in the future they might give you another chance.

fein

HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
Absolutely none. A girl quit after her first day at coles where i work. (lol she wasn't quite cut out for it)

Why are you quiting?
How long have you been there?
Quiting cause Ive found another job.

Btw thanks guys.

MrRock

HSC
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm in the same position.
Except im meant to be doing training in a few days (already watched orientation videos). Is there any foreseeable way that i could postpone working for, say a month or two and come back if my other job turns out to be crap/too many hours?
If this is possible, should I do the training or not? I'm more thinking that they would be annoyed because its paid training (not that I would morally expect them to pay me) but i'm guessing they probably have to legally.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

circusmind

HSC
MrRock said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i'm in the same position.
Except im meant to be doing training in a few days (already watched orientation videos). Is there any foreseeable way that i could postpone working for, say a month or two and come back if my other job turns out to be crap/too many hours?
If this is possible, should I do the training or not? I'm more thinking that they would be annoyed because its paid training (not that I would morally expect them to pay me) but i'm guessing they probably have to legally.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Theres often a gap between training and first shift anyway. Just ask for minimal amounts of shifts and keep it on the backburner. Don't worry about the morality of it. You're a casual, they're a big heartless corporation. The system doesn't care.

MrRock

HSC
circusmind said:
Just ask for minimal amounts of shifts and keep it on the backburner.
Great idea mate.
Does anyone know the actual specifics for Coles in terms of how long you can have no shifts and still be employed?
And also, say for example it is 6 weeks, can i just ask for a shift every 4-6 weeks or something similar?
I guess asking for minimal shifts seems like the best way to do it.

circusmind

HSC
MrRock said:
Great idea mate.
Does anyone know the actual specifics for Coles in terms of how long you can have no shifts and still be employed?
And also, say for example it is 6 weeks, can i just ask for a shift every 4-6 weeks or something similar?
I guess asking for minimal shifts seems like the best way to do it.
You can be on the books for ages without working, AFAIK. Just talk to your immediate manager. Unless they're desperately understaffed, they probably won't care at all.

CieL

HSC
circusmind said:
Theres often a gap between training and first shift anyway.
I worked two days after I watched the videos

xoa

HSC
I was a casual at Coles (Redcliffe). I quit one evening, when I was the only person working. I gave the manager my resignation letter, and I've never been in the store since.

It made me feel good, to know that the bastard manager was left alone in the store with more than a dozen impatient customers. I hope he felt their wrath. I don't think he even knew how to use the checkout.

It's what they deserve when they treat staff like slaves. He tried to get me to change my mind - pretending that he felt "sorry" that it came to this and "hoped" that I'd find another job. It's no skin off my nose - now I've got a Queensland Health scholarship and a guaranteed job when I graduate in a year's time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)