• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quidam!!!! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh the skits are a crack up, we always watch it on the TV screens in the tents because every night the audience members do something different. The laughter coming out of the tent is so loud you can hear it all around fox studios.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Oh the skits are a crack up, we always watch it on the TV screens in the tents because every night the audience members do something different. The laughter coming out of the tent is so loud you can hear it all around fox studios.
do u mean they were real audience members?
i thought they were but my family convinced me they weren't
but they were hilarious nevertheless

when i went they made alot of mistakes is that usually?

anyways i loved and would absolutly go again!

i was watching entertainment tonight or sumfin
and they had a new one opening in New York
I can't remember wat it was called but it looked wicked
they had all martial arts stuff in it as well

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
I finally went to see it ..thought it absolutely great!! we had front row tickets so they kept making fun of my aunty whos 8 months pregnant
.. everything was amazing esp to see how much strength they all had :D

..there was only obvious mistake- one of the chinese girls didn't catch that wheel thing, but she went right back in sync..

and they didn't do the german wheel.. did anyone else see it? coz I saw it in the programe..

..I'd definitely go see it again!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yes they are definately real audience members. Every night the people are different, and they end up reacting differently, but it is always funny.

The performers rarely make mistakes, but they are human, plus they have hectic scheduals....

The German Wheel was out of the show for about a week, I think maybe he was injured or was on holiday or something. They would have put in something to replace it though.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
they probably all need a holiday - it looks like such hard work ..
..I didn't see the balancing on the poles either - I saw a picture of it though ..

Were you working in the food tent on sat night? coz I think I saw you ash O__o

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hand balancing has been out for a while, I think Olga was injured or something? It's been in a couple of times lately, but not a lot.

Yeah I was there on Saturday... selling food in my pink feathered hat lol. I'm at cirque more than I am at home lately!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i saw the german wheel but i don't think i saw whateva poles ur talking about
they made a few obvious mistakes the night we were there
when there are 2 or 3 guys standing on each other
and a 3rd of 4th one jumps up there it took them 3 go's to get it
but i thought it was good they kept trying
and the little girl didn't catch wheel thing
when she had to jump on the other girls back and catch it

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Those pink fluffy hats are cool though :) I remember one of the old guys at the popcorn tent thing - he looked alot like Mr Ollivander from harry potter!

@mizz_smee ..seems like you went on a bit of an off day.. when I went everyone seemed to get all their jumps right ..well the major ones - I think they're all good at covering up some of the mistakes during technical routines.. its not like we'd really be able to spot it anyway..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The old guy's name is Ronan lol.

Yeah that's odd that you saw so many mistakes, because they rarely happen.... I've never seen the Diabolo girls drop it in that part of their routine.... if they are going to drop it, it is usually when the girl does those really fast spins.... she usually does it again if she drops it. The advantage of all the music being live is that they can adapt if something out of the ordinary happens. I've also not seen the Russian Acrobats get that throw either....

The worst mistake we have had was one night when the German Wheel fell off the stage. No one was hurt or anything it was just a freak accident that couldn't have been prevented. Also I think the trapeze girl has fallen off once, but she has a safety wire.... some of them don't have wires, like the aerial hoops and the spanish webs.....

But mistakes very rarely happen.... most people go and the show is pretty perfect.

Tofu, did you go today or are you going next week? I was there today... as usual!! I was selling icecreams outside.

I'll be so sad when cirque leaves, it's a cool place to work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)