Quick questions (1 Viewer)

Haku

what is the difference b/w capital account and financial account? aren;t they linked?

What is the difference between CA and AWA?

what two groups/institutions are part of the labour market?

what is the role of employment advocate?

What is the balance of trade? is that the same with ToT?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
there's the current account, and the capital and financial account

A certified agreement is a written collective employment agreement that sets out the wages and working conditions for a particular group of employees, whereas Australian Workplace Agreements are individually negotiated employment contracts between an employer and an employee.

Employers and employees

- to encourage the growth of individual contracts within the austn labour market
- to enforce restrictions on compulsory union membership
- to assist employers and employees with the operation of AWAs
- Assist employees in a situation where the employer has breached their obligations under an AWA
- determin whether an AWA satisfies the 10 community standards of the 'no disadvantage' test
- register individual contracts between employee and employer or refer AWA matters to the AIRC

i dunno the last one

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Jago said:
whereas Australian Workplace Agreements are individually negotiated employment contracts between an employer and an employee.
ARe you sure that is correct?

Having done workplace law in legal, and practically the same thing in Eco, i have been taught that the two types of Enterprise bargaining are:
-Enterprise agreements (WIth a union)
- Australian workplace agreement, which is a group of employee's from the workplace who engage in negotiations with their employer.
AWA's are not individual, the only way that an individual can obtain a payrise is through a change to their individual contract, which cannot contradict the award. And the AWA cannot contradict the 20 allowable matters.
It might be good to note that with the current workplace changes the 20 allowable matters will be reduced to around 5 or 6... you can evaluate this from so many angles..

mattchan

HSC
Australian Workplace Agreements can be negotiated collectively, but each person in the workplace has a individual contract which they must all sign. This is sent to the Employment Advocate to validate it.

Enterprise bargaining or certified agreements are "usually" negotiated by the union, and should be accepted by the majority of workers. A no disadvantage test is applied by the IRC.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Excel HSC Legal Studies said:
AWAs can be negotiated individually or collectively but only apply to each individual employee who signs the contract.
hence it can be considered an individual contract

is that what you're questioning?

Edit: i do workplace law too :p

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Balance of trade = The surplus or deficit on the CA concerning G & S.

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Jago said:
hence it can be considered an individual contract

is that what you're questioning?

Edit: i do workplace law too :p
I was unaware that it could be individual...
But why would an individual seek to get an AWA, when it would be much much quicker and prolly cheaper to sign an individual contract?

mattchan

HSC
yeah probably. The majority of agreements are individual contracts (not AWAs)

Haku

is individual contract same as informal contract which cover like 25% of workers

word.

HSC
um, the capital account and the financial account are components of the capital and financial account.
so they're separate

Freaky

HSC
N/A
I Never heard of informal contract before. Not in legal nor economics.

mattchan

HSC
Nononono.
AWAs and different from normal individual contracts in that AWAs must be certified by the Employment Advocate. In the labour market, many employees have individual contracts that are not AWAs, but quite simply a contract or agreement between the employer.

Haku

i know, AWA is a formal contract that is signed and advocated by the employment advocate. But thats is still rare. the most common is CA 35% and informal agreements 25%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)