Quick Question.... (1 Viewer)

tRiXsTa

HSC
Does anyone have any tips on how you would briefly connect globalisation with continuity and change?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
globalisation drives change? Like for Vietnam (my focus) globalisation bought with it the need for a new economic policy (Doi Moi) to keep up with the worl economy. Things like the wealth of information available to people makes them want to change in order to "keep up the the jones'" *shrugs*

tRiXsTa

HSC
Lol thanx! yeah i guess you can only appropriate it once you know what the question is aye. Thanx anyways

_Benji_

HSC
i had that exact question the other day in trials.

I basically said that globalisation (working with the forces of modernisation, industrialisation, westernisation) creates a global culture that societies change to accommodate -so they keep up to date with dominant paradigms etc...like the economy, free market capitalism, democracy etc/ maintain their position in global markets etc
blah blah

get my gist?

takingbackrufio

HSC
However globalisation can result in institutional power resisting change which is an example of continuity

tRiXsTa

HSC
Yeah i get ya's... i guess there are inter-relationships between all features of a society and its response to the influences of globalisation....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)