quick question... (1 Viewer)

nomz

Hey I was just wondering if we have to know ALL the texts from the stimulus booklet or just like one or two? They can't specify can they? Coz my teacher said they can't, but then the English coordinator said they can... which would mean I'm totally SCREWED. Just a little confused :confused: and stressing... could someone please clear this little issue up for me???? Thanks heaps.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
no you don't need to know all. You only need one but to be in on the safe side of suiting the question...Two would be just fine.

nomz

*sigh* thank you so much! Stress levels temporarily reducing........

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
technically they can specify.
but i don't think they've ever done that before.
it's best to know them all in some detail to be on the safe side. and then that way you can use whichever fits the question best.
however i'm not learnign them all.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
that being said is the book cover and the orad not taken the two best tw revise on?
my teacher claimed those two to be the best

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I don't agree!

I say choose ones that appeal to you and that are relevant to what you're studying. Bear in mind that the cover and particularly "Road Not Taken" are the two most popular texts, and thus if you're going to do those, make sure you do them well. Here at HGHS we're actually advised not to do those texts unless we plan on getting full marks, simply because pretty much everyone else does them.

I'm doing Journey to the Interior :D I could never do the book cover, because it's got nothing to do with Inner Journey that I can see!

sly fly

HSC
As was said b4, technically they can specify and even if none of the texts can fit all three focuses (other than maybe journey to the interior coz its so vague) they may not specify one they may say like ur choice of these 3 or something.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Hmm, I don't agree!

I say choose ones that appeal to you and that are relevant to what you're studying. Bear in mind that the cover and particularly "Road Not Taken" are the two most popular texts, and thus if you're going to do those, make sure you do them well. Here at HGHS we're actually advised not to do those texts unless we plan on getting full marks, simply because pretty much everyone else does them.

I'm doing Journey to the Interior :D I could never do the book cover, because it's got nothing to do with Inner Journey that I can see!
journey ot the interior is fairly popular too, though not as much as frost i grant you.
technically yes they can specify but, as it' no considered 'fair' to do so they never have and, according to senior markers, have no plans to do so at any point in the near future.
for reference, ALL texts are, on some level, applicable to ALL three journey types. however, some are more easily adapted for sure. from memory there was somethign to do with colours, vectors from the persons eye and the positioning of the pyramid or other graphics that linked th cover fairly easily to inner journeys though i didnt do it myself --> journey to the interior was definately the easiest to link to inner journeys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)