• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

QUICK question.. (1 Viewer)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Hey guys, This will involve uni students that go to: university of sydney, university of NSW or university of technology sydney.
Do those unis offer early entry program, if so which courses??
Any help would be appreciated, its for my cousin.

Beege

HSC
yeah UOW would be an effort to go to. even though I do live in the Sutherland Shire. I'm gonna go to TAFE instead then get advanced standing at UTS if I don't get into Uni next year.

HSC
commerce is way too popular to have early entry courses for it.

Beege said:
yeah UOW would be an effort to go to. even though I do live in the Sutherland Shire. I'm gonna go to TAFE instead then get advanced standing at UTS if I don't get into Uni next year.
you'd be surprised how many uow students come from the shire. there are quite a lot. its not that far anyway. about an hour tops by train which isnt too bad tbh. and they have early entry schemes for IT if you were interested in that.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Beege said:
I go to UOW and I live on the North Shore. Oh yeah, find a longer commute than that :uhhuh:

UTS, USyd and UNSW don't do early entry.

HSC
Tulipa said:
I go to UOW and I live on the North Shore. Oh yeah, find a longer commute than that :uhhuh:

holy shit, how do you keep that up? i always thought people in my year were crazy for commuting for wollongong to usyd/unsw everyday :eek:

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
watatank said:
holy shit, how do you keep that up? i always thought people in my year were crazy for commuting for wollongong to usyd/unsw everyday
I do a lot of work on the train and I love my course. I'd gotten a few D's for work I did entirely on the train.

It gets frustrating when Cityrail is a fucking wank but that's thankfully not too often.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
ok thanks, but uow doesnt offer commerce for early entry so i think she will apply for maths and finace or maths and eco.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Tulipa said:

lol, I don't know how you do that, how long does it take? I used to take the train from north gong to glenfield, three hours lol, really annoying. So now I catch the campbelltown bus which isn't so bad, 1 - 1.5 hours tops.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
MuffinMan said:
lol, I don't know how you do that, how long does it take? I used to take the train from north gong to glenfield, three hours lol, really annoying. So now I catch the campbelltown bus which isn't so bad, 1 - 1.5 hours tops.
2 - 2.5 hours

Depending on whether I get a lift to Sutherland with a friend or not.

MuffinMan

HSC
I guess the petrol costs too much hey? Same with me, my dad will kill me if i took the car down everyday. I'm only allowed to take it on saturdays - exams and stuff, which is quite pointless really. Have you driven before? How long is the drive? It's like 50 mins for me which aint too bad (im on reds - 90km/hr :( ) but yeah thats a drastic improvement from 2.5-3 hours on the train. Maybe you should try a drive? I'm pretty sure it will save you alot of time :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
2 - 2.5 hours

Depending on whether I get a lift to Sutherland with a friend or not.
How do you manage to do it so quickly? I remember the train taking me 2 hours to get to MQ from Sutherland. =/

MuffinMan

HSC
kami said:
How do you manage to do it so quickly? I remember the train taking me 2 hours to get to MQ from Sutherland. =/
It's like an hour from hursie
plus it's limited stops

central - wolli creek - hurstville - sutherland - helensburgh - thirroul - north wollongong...

I'm sure it takes less than 1 hour from chats (or whereever she lives) to hursie
2hours sounds about right

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
I don't drive, I only have my L's.

It's forty minutes from my house to Central then forty minutes to Sutherland then forty minutes by car to W'Gong if I get a lift. Otherwise forty minutes to Central and an hour and forty-five minutes by train.

The drive from my house is pretty much always an hour and twenty seven minutes though. Which is weird but true. Either through the city or out the back way by Bankstown.

Plus even when I get my P's I'm not going to drive. Most of my work gets done on the train. It's the best study environment in the world. You have nothing to do but work and there's not net to distract me.

MuffinMan

HSC
I can't study on the train for some reason, either the people on the train distract me, or I just end up staring out the window. Yeah the fact I had some classes in 2006 (first semester) that finished at 7.30pm, I got home like around almost midnight. Not fun :-/

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha that would suck getting home at midnight, and then having a 9am start the next day :/
yeah i get too distracted easily so studying on the train is a no go for me :(

MuffinMan

HSC
haha yeah thats why I always bus it to campbelltown station from uni now. Saves me like 90 mins :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)