Quick question on workload (1 Viewer)

kingbuddha

Would a double major in commerce in a combined com/law degree have a heavier workload than a single major in commerce in com/law?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No, what happens in a double major is that you may have to do extra subjects or forfeit any electives you have.... but it doesn't change the workload for each semester. The only difference it might make is that you will have to do extra subjects meaning your degree might take a little longer to complete.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
No, what happens in a double major is that you may have to do extra subjects or forfeit any electives you have.... but it doesn't change the workload for each semester. The only difference it might make is that you will have to do extra subjects meaning your degree might take a little longer to complete.
That being said you COULD overload a few semesters to make up the extra subjects, but I wouldn't recommend that you count on doing that. For your first semester, I'd say do the normal load, and your second semester, you can use as a test to see if you can overload. Be careful you make your mind up before 31st August though.

My degrees require 4.5 years of study. I'm able to fit them in four years because I've overloaded once, two subjects are outside normal sessions, and since there's one subject left, I'll just overload once more.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
That being said you COULD overload a few semesters to make up the extra subjects, but I wouldn't recommend that you count on doing that. For your first semester, I'd say do the normal load, and your second semester, you can use as a test to see if you can overload. Be careful you make your mind up before 31st August though.

My degrees require 4.5 years of study. I'm able to fit them in four years because I've overloaded once, two subjects are outside normal sessions, and since there's one subject left, I'll just overload once more.
Wheras I'm underloading, doing one subject less than a normal load most semesters turning my degree, which requires 4.5 years of study into one that i'll take 5 years in achieving... it's all about personal preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)