quick q about paper 1 (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
Hey guys just a quick question about the area of study paper. Is section 3 always an essay or can it be in any text type?

Aimz- Lou.

It can be any text type, I think. Like speech, conversation, feature article. But most often it is an essay.

sly fly

HSC
Oh ok thanks. But i think speeches, feature articles and that sort of thing can be ruled out for section 3 coz section 2 is also in any text type but it must have some element of creative writing in it. So anyway my point is that they'll use something creative for the second section so i doubt they will use something creative for the third question.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
look at past papers. you can never predict what form they will ask you to write in. they vary all the time, and its annoying. but they can ask you an essay, but don't count on it.

Smiddy

50% deaf...
HSC
yep it can be anything alright!!!
ours was a debate! i was cheering when i read - write in debate style - im a debater, it was a breeze!!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hmmm...with AOS section III, it is generally expected that it'll be an essay though there *is* leeway for it to be other mediums. What must be remembered though, is that this paper is held in common by Advanced and Standard, so I am not sure if they would present anything too out there. This would probably be different for many people's internals which may have been designed with an Advanced class in mind. So while it *can* be something other than an essay in section III, I doubt it will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)