questions u want to answer (1 Viewer)

amybaker1990

HSC
k so.. 1000 level are first year courses 2000 second year etc. right????
can u do a 2000 level course in ur first year.

im looking at my lectures and shiz and the first course of more core courses is a 1000 level but does not run til 2nd semester.
how do i make up 40 units?

im doin a bachelor of communication.
could someone if a they have a spare moment have a look at it for me plz..
and tell me wat lectures i am to go to first semester

em_516

bludging..
HSC
You can do 2000 level in your first year as long as there are no prerequisites of 1000 level subjects first.

What major are you planning on doing (or double major)?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The degree is undertaken over three years of full-time study (or part-time equivalent) and requires students to pass courses totaling 240 units. Most courses have a value of 10 units.

These 240 units must comprise the following:

* 60 units of Core Courses (compulsory) as listed under "Core Courses" below ; plus
* A major consisting of 80 units of compulsory or directed (chosen from a list) courses as listed under "Majors" below. There are 4 majors from which to choose; plus
* Between 60 and 80 units of Directed Courses chosen from the list of "Approved Courses" below; plus
* Between 20 and 40 units of elective courses, chosen from any unrestricted course offered at the University.
Go here: Bachelor of Communication (11496) / 2008 / Undergraduate / Program Archive / Program Handbook / The University of Newcastle, Australia and map out the path you want to take to finish your degree.

As for those "unrestricted" course, I guess that just means pick anything from anywhere. I'd make some recommendations, but it's hard to tell where those gaps will be, which is why I say you should get an idea for which courses you will want to do and when.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)