questions on APPLICATION@Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

imkristal

HSC
how to complete the "Referees" section in the application?
Can i just make up some ppl...? Will they check n ring them???

Zozo6969

HSC
You should probably put a few down (at least 2, I think they have 3 spaces). Put a recent employer or if you haven't had a job put down a few of your teachers as well and maybe one or two people that know you well (eg. family friend, uncle/aunt etc.) or you could even put your mum down and just change her surname to her maiden name (don't do this but).

I'm pretty sure they rarely check your references, and the only time they would is after a group interview or one with the store manager. But they usually don't bother as it is too time consuming and if they have already seen you face-to-face, why ring someone else up?

enva

HSC
N/A
Zozo6969 said:
I'm pretty sure they rarely check your references, and the only time they would is after a group interview or one with the store manager. But they usually don't bother as it is too time consuming and if they have already seen you face-to-face, why ring someone else up?
That is incorrect, CML do check references in 99% of applications before anyone reaches one on one interviews with store managers. I am aware of this personally as i recently applied for another position inside CML and on every application the references where contacted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)