Questions from a prospective student! (please help) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Nursing labs and some tuts are held in building 10. As for pathophysiology that is mainly held in building 4. You will find out your timetables around about now? Im not sure as im in 3rd yr and we already have ours.

purplemonkey

HSC
Safety glasses and a thermometer are also not required either.... uni has ones which u use to practice with and the workplace will provide u with glasses and thermometers where necessary. Main thing is a fob watch, scissors, cpr mask for when u are practicing in class and the id holder.

I didnt buy a pack i just bought these things seperately.
So it doesn't cost too much to get it separate? And the coop sells it all separate or did you get it from different places?

HSC
I bought mine seperate but this was now 2 yrs ago so maybe theyve changed it. Just get what is advised by the uni, however most likely you wont use it all just like textbooks lol

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Hey hey, I have another question from another prospective student-
I don't do any sciences, however, I do General Maths & PDHPE and from your experiences, I just wanted to know whether I would find it difficult to manage?
Particularly with stuff like pathophysiology

purplemonkey

HSC
Hey SSRabittohs...I've been talking to you about maths...I didn't do any sciences nor PDHPE at high school and I'm not having any trouble at all! Like you I was a bit worried about patho before we started, but its actually turned out to be my best subject!! Weird :D The adult nursing classes go off the science from patho so it gets into your head a few times :) But if you're having trouble the lecturers are usually willing to help and they have this thing called U:pASS which is students helping students...there is a lot of help around if you need it!

dorkislove

HSC
Hi, I'm a first year nursing student at UWS right now but I've always wanted to go to UTS. I was wondering, is it possible for me to transfer next year as a 2nd year student @ UTS considering UWS & UTS Nursing offers different subjects?

Thanks in advance :)!

purplemonkey

HSC
Hi dorkislove, you'd have to speak to someone from the Student Centre about how many credit point you can have as advanced standing, but going from a few of my friends (who transferred to UTS from UWS) - you basically have to do 1st year again except you don't have to do a unit called "Discipline of Nursing" in first semester. Other than that, they do the whole year again with the rest of us. Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)